Is it ok to buy from Dixons?

I want a fridge freezer from dixons as its cheaper than Argos and Currys etc but everyone keeps saying DSG in trouble. I will be paying by my debit card.

9 Comments

You'll be fine

I just bought a washer dryer so going on principle ok - the manufacturer's guarantee will cover you when you get it. The same washer dryer was £550 in John Lewis, £520 in Currys and £378 in Dixons (guess they're price matching Laskys). Free delivery and within a couple of days (weekends included) so had to take the risk. Heard less of their difficulties since Christmas time but maybe I'm just not reading it now. :thumbsup:

Edit: Maybe should think about using a credit card though? Bit extra protection.

You should always use a CC for large purchases.

Original Poster

abomination;6076095

You should always use a CC for large purchases.

Got one but first time cc and not much foa credit limit on it

You are aware Currys are part of DSG right.........

Give your cc company a call. Tell them what you want to buy and ask if they would be willing to raise your credit limit. Assuming you haven't been late with payments they may agree.
It's much safer to use cc if you can, especially on the interweb.

Original Poster

megalomaniac;6076238

You are aware Currys are part of DSG right.........

yeh I know that but Dixons a lot cheaper

Original Poster

I have put the money (paid it) on my cc, now I have enough to spend. Thanks everyone!

bargainhunter2009;6076474

yeh I know that but Dixons a lot cheaper

cos they are a web only store.

people have been saying DSGi are in trouble for how long now?

its crap.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213597
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764000
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386133

See more discussions