Is it ok to get Nationwide flex plus account?-Just for breakdown cover and mobile phone insurance cover-Any experience?

Found 6th Sep 2015
Thinking of getting Nationwide flex plus account(£10 per month) which offers free Breakdown cover and mobile phone insurance...loads of small prints,any body experienced with them?

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexplus/features-and-benefits#tab:Featuresandampbenefits

28 Comments

Mobile insurance can be had for around £60 & break down cover for about £30 (even less if using cashback).

Have a look over at MSE for comparison tools. You get the cover you want but don't get stuck with an account you (maybe) don't want.

If you open a joint Nationwide flex plus account, will you both be covered?

its a tremendous deal its not just an individual thing its for the family.

no way you can beat this deal

Original Poster

spiderbifida

Mobile insurance can be had for around £60 & break down cover for about … Mobile insurance can be had for around £60 & break down cover for about £30 (even less if using cashback).Have a look over at MSE for comparison tools. You get the cover you want but don't get stuck with an account you (maybe) don't want.

Thank you..£30 for break down cover?? will look,regarding mobile insurance most of the company offers for new or 6 months old mobile only!!

schwarzennegger

Thank you..£30 for break down cover?? will look,regarding mobile … Thank you..£30 for break down cover?? will look,regarding mobile insurance most of the company offers for new or 6 months old mobile only!!

He has made a big statement there with £30 for breakdown cover and £60 for mobile phone insurance, so lets see him qualify it.

Without knowing what type of phone you have or age of car its difficult to say what the cost will be.

I am on the nationwide flexplus account and I think it provides unrivaled cover for £10 a month.

Full UK and European breakdown cover
Full worldwide mobile insurance cover
Full worldwide travel insurance
12 months extended warranty
commission free cash withdrawals worldwide

All without worrying about cashback offers through quidco/topcashback and without having to go through autoaid pay and reclaim or other breakdown providers who may have stipulations and less cover on a like for like basis.

There is no way you can get straight breakdown cover with the same benefits for £30.

Op no issues with the nationwide, it's really a no brainer it even has good quality travel insurance with high medical cover all for £120 bargain

We opened the flexplus account so family mobile phones are covered, holiday insurance, and breakdown cover.
Seems good value for us.
Only have the monthly payment going into that account too.

That's pretty much the only reason why I have the account, also if you have £2500 in the account then you'll get 3% interest back, making it only ~£5 a month cost.

Also, if you are doing a switch then you can go through topcashback and get £78.75 cashback (topcashback.co.uk/nat…us/)
Edited by: "ace101" 6th Sep 2015

Original Poster

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts- after a very long search,i tried to settle in with Nationwide flex account(seems to be cost effective,and offering more benefits including travel insurance,extended warranty) before i jump in ,i asked here ...

Time to JUMP IN!!!

might go for this myself, thanks for the question

Am switching from my Lloyd's platinum account (£17 pm) to this because of its good value. Lloyd's only give you 2 claims in 2 years (and only 2 phones covered), compared to nationwide 2 per year (all the families mobile phones), even though they use the same company for the policy. Only thing is, nationwide DONT use the AA for breakdown-while Lloyd's do. Travel insurance I believe is very similar.

And if you switch (and being recommended by a account holder), don't you both get £100??? (as previously posted on here).

Had this account for a while - all benefits are great with the added bonus of 5% (I think) interest on credit balances up to £2000 (I think)

Rich069

And if you switch (and being recommended by a account holder), don't you … And if you switch (and being recommended by a account holder), don't you both get £100??? (as previously posted on here).

Yep still on apparently.

Edited by: "Evouk" 6th Sep 2015

Original Poster

Apogee00

might go for this myself, thanks for the question

Glad our HUKD fans helped you too!!:):)

Hi guys. Any of you know of the Nationwide Flex a/c breakdown covers the family automatically or just those named on the a/c? Also my girlfriend is a freelance florist...would the breakdown policy cover what is essentially a business van? Any help would be hugely appreciated! :-)

Rich069

And if you switch (and being recommended by a account holder), don't you … And if you switch (and being recommended by a account holder), don't you both get £100??? (as previously posted on here).

Is this still on and how does it work? We already have a Flex Account, just want to upgrade it to get the benefits that go with it (phone ins especially).

schwarzennegger

Thank you..£30 for break down cover?? will look,regarding mobile … Thank you..£30 for break down cover?? will look,regarding mobile insurance most of the company offers for new or 6 months old mobile only!!

RAC roadside & homestart £65.98 with £45 quidco = £20.98 for the year ( new customers only)

hotukdeals.com/dea…976

Angel_Of_The_North

Is this still on and how does it work? We already have a Flex Account, … Is this still on and how does it work? We already have a Flex Account, just want to upgrade it to get the benefits that go with it (phone ins especially).

Think it's just a case of either phoning them or changing it online. You won't get the £100 switch bonus unless someone else is switching from a different bank to Nationwide.

Evouk

Think it's just a case of either phoning them or changing it online. You … Think it's just a case of either phoning them or changing it online. You won't get the £100 switch bonus unless someone else is switching from a different bank to Nationwide.

Thank you.

eslick

There is no way you can get straight breakdown cover with the same … There is no way you can get straight breakdown cover with the same benefits for £30. Op no issues with the nationwide, it's really a no brainer it even has good quality travel insurance with high medical cover all for £120 bargain

hotukdeals.com/dea…976

dannynobbs

Hi guys. Any of you know of the Nationwide Flex a/c breakdown covers the … Hi guys. Any of you know of the Nationwide Flex a/c breakdown covers the family automatically or just those named on the a/c? Also my girlfriend is a freelance florist...would the breakdown policy cover what is essentially a business van? Any help would be hugely appreciated! :-)

This policy will cover the Nationwide FlexPlus current account holder(s) for breakdown and recovery
assistance at the roadside and at your home address. FlexPlus current account holders are covered in
any vehicle whether as a driver or a passenger.

Cant see any exclusion for Business vehicles except taxis

link 1

google.co.uk/sea…w4c

dundeemaltman

its a tremendous deal its not just an individual thing its for the … its a tremendous deal its not just an individual thing its for the family.no way you can beat this deal

wrong - account holders ONLY

chocci

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/rac-roadside-homestart-65-98-with-45-quidco-20-98-for-year-new-customers-only-2317976

and so many things change in 2 months

eslick

and so many things change in 2 months

LOL - didnt realise someone had reincarnated the thread

chocci

wrong - account holders ONLY

​put account in joint name.

Rich069

​put account in joint name.

Not quite family cover though is it

chocci

Not quite family cover though is it

​well my kids both cant drive, so thats my family covered.
Post a comment
@
    Text