is it OK to say the performance of Team GB is

40 replies
Found 17th Aug 2016
incredible in the Rio Olympics !!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
40 Comments

It is. Though I don't like the term 'Team GB' what is wrong with Great Britain?
Oh and the BBC coverage has been rubbish.

More than OK in my opinion.
Though don't mention gender, race, orientation, shoe size, cupping, fashion, style, language, religion, etc.

Banned

Not been watching dave.

yes they have been exceeding expectations

redcantona

It is. Though I don't like the term 'Team GB' what is wrong with Great … It is. Though I don't like the term 'Team GB' what is wrong with Great Britain?Oh and the BBC coverage has been rubbish.

Whats wrong with TEAM UK? Pretty disrespectful to everyone else who doesnt come from the Island of Britain, which is a lot of people.

At least team UK would be a bit more accurate.

We are doing well though X)
Edited by: "Shaydog" 17th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Oneday77

More than OK in my opinion. Though don't mention gender, race, … More than OK in my opinion. Though don't mention gender, race, orientation, shoe size, cupping, fashion, style, language, religion, etc.

that made me laugh so hard X)
Edited by: "davewave" 17th Aug 2016

Shaydog

Whats wrong with TEAM UK? Pretty disrespectful to everyone else who … Whats wrong with TEAM UK? Pretty disrespectful to everyone else who doesnt come from the Island of Britain, which is a lot of people. At least team UK would be a bit more accurate.We are doing well though X)

Like Tiffany Porter?

Really? All seems a bit of a pointless farce. One athlete won FIVE gold medals? One bloke fell of his bike and Team GB has the best bomber of the diving boards but he got a bronze.

Don't get me started on the 10 METER AIR gun even, do they just think of ridiculous things to make into a sport or does a monkey pick them at random.

Well you can't beat a bit of honesty, makes the billions spent all worthwhile

break.com/vid…203

Just a shame her entire family has been executed as a warning to the other team mates!

redcantona

Like Tiffany Porter?

Eh, explain please?

I dunno Dave, someone will find a way to make that contentious.

Yes they are doing well and I have a lot of respect for all our hard working sports people

I have one downer as to why we are doing so well and that is the missing Russians but then again the upper is had they not cheated in the first place they might not of done so well in the past.

So big respect not just to the medal winners but the whole team most have to train whilst working a full time job

I'm loving the Olympics especially the cycling and gymnastics.

Banned

The Olympic effort of participants of Team GB in comparison to the woeful performance again of England in Euro 2016 really hits home. Well done to all of those that have competed.

Shaydog

Eh, explain please?

​She's only British because she wasn't good enough for Team USA.

cchopps

The Olympic effort of participants of Team GB in comparison to the woeful … The Olympic effort of participants of Team GB in comparison to the woeful performance again of England in Euro 2016 really hits home. Well done to all of those that have competed.

It's one team of 11 highly paid players in football though as opposed to many Olympians who rely on sponsorships to live or have to fund what they do themselves. They also compete solo or (mainly) in a small team.

While I agree that the England team performed poorly, the two are hardly comparable.
Edited by: "RossD89" 17th Aug 2016

They have bettered their target and look likely to get half way between the Bejing and London total.

The only things about the Olympics that I don't like is that there are way to many professionals being allowed to compete and this dilutes the spirit of the Olympics.

Enjoying the women's wrestling at the moment and note that those outfits are practically see though.

If one of them farted I'm sure that you would be able to see the puff of smoke through the costume.

Banned

reddit

...Enjoying the women's wrestling at the moment...

...and the men's wrestling?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oSa0jeovQFE/URvkin4wKlI/AAAAAAAAmt4/MOCeTSbD0tQ/s1600/wrestling-lead.jpghttp://www.picshag.com/pics/012011/crotch-biting-wrestler.jpghttp://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x134/sheriblsm/bbf5bd21.jpg

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/5fd18bd4fb7abe6e12827e414fa93f33e2.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hE0TRpE-p8U/TTh5i8xnjJI/AAAAAAAAspU/O90EYeACdkQ/s400/02-lucha-body_teabagging.jpg

moneysavingkitten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8x1YePAJvs

It could be worse...

[ youtube.com/wat…RT4 ]

Parade scaled down in London because there is no Asian representation among the winners. Disgrace!

tempt

Parade scaled down in London because there is no Asian representation … Parade scaled down in London because there is no Asian representation among the winners. Disgrace!

Is it disgraceful that the parade was scaled down, or that nobody of Asian descent was a worthy Olympian? Or both?

fanpages

Is it disgraceful that the parade was scaled down, or that nobody of … Is it disgraceful that the parade was scaled down, or that nobody of Asian descent was a worthy Olympian? Or both?

Both! They can never pass the tebbit test and bring themselves to compete for team GB.

Original Poster

tempt

Parade scaled down in London because there is no Asian representation … Parade scaled down in London because there is no Asian representation among the winners. Disgrace!

​parade will be in Manchester won't it? What's race got to do with it.

Just 20 years ago. 1996, Atlanta games.

http://s3.postimg.org/yurcuzjb7/screenshot_1806.png

Just before we get to orgasmic over TeamGB'S performance

In all the excitement, you may have missed Mel Marshall during these … In all the excitement, you may have missed Mel Marshall during these Olympics. Marshall, 34, is the head coach at the City of Derby Swimming Club, where Peaty is her star pupil. She is one of the thousands of people whose hard and often thankless work behind the scenes has played such an important part in Great Britain’s success at these Games. When Peaty won that first gold medal with his record-breaking swim in the 100m breaststroke, Marshall came down from the stands to talk to the press and take a quick turn in the spotlight. Happy as she was for Peaty, some of what she said was a lot more sobering than anyone wanted to hear in the first rush of his victory.

theguardian.com/spo…aul

Original Poster

2nd only to USA seems a pretty good result.
Edited by: "davewave" 22nd Aug 2016

moneysavingkitten

tempt

davewave

2nd only to USA seems a pretty god result.

...and we got there.

moneysavingkitten

tempt

davewave

2nd only to USA seems a pretty god result.

*chuckle*

tempt

Reported where?

Ha - brilliant!

https://s10.postimg.org/p76ubin9l/Mo_Redeemer.jpg

(I can't take credit - it's doing the rounds.)

How many knights and dames do we get out of this then? Sir Mo Farah seems a lock at the moment.

Its great that Team GB has done so well, they have guaranteed funding for another 4 years, and hopefully have encouraged some salad dodgers to get active.

Amazing

Games were amazing and fantastic for GB.

However, I wish they'd only give out knighthoods and damehoods until athletes have retired. For instance, the England cricket team all receiving knighthoods just because they beat Oz 10 or so years back was ridiculous and made a mockery of the entire system imo.

Original Poster

deeky

Just 20 years ago. 1996, Atlanta games.

speaks volumes for the efforts and planning to lift GB performance

davewave

speaks volumes for the efforts and planning to lift GB performance

Not to mention how much good the National Lottery funding has done.

deeky

Not to mention how much good the National Lottery funding has done.

I blame BREXIT (why not its going to be blamed for all the ills for the next 50 years), it made the athletes realise that Britain is Great and gave them the feel good factor.

Banned

Look at this attitude compared to the English football team.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812
    2. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …46
    3. Add one, leave one game54415441
    4. Wow apple you really are bad1318

See more discussions