Expired

is it ok to use savlon on a new tattoo??

Posted 4th Feb 2010
I usually use bepanthem but its so greasy n leaves marks on everything i wear so i am using savlon instead. is this ok??? i dont want to ruin my tattoo in anyway at all =(
Community Updates
Misc
61 Comments
id love to go back to my normal tattooist but unfortunatly he's in salisbury and im in york. guess il have to start looking up this end!!
whats to be added to it?
wow another lame fashion statement,

inb4 you regret it in 5years.
TheMetalMan;7748987

:thumbsup:]Job Done

:giggle: cheers for the encouragement.
sig1169;7749174

id love to go back to my normal tattooist but unfortunatly he's in … id love to go back to my normal tattooist but unfortunatly he's in salisbury and im in york. guess il have to start looking up this end!! whats to be added to it?

i gota get more shading and detail added and colour to the roses. about another 2 n half hours he said, but gotta wait till its healed before i can go bk. im so anxious to get it done now though, i hate waiting!!
black gerbil1;7749185

wow another lame fashion statement, inb4 you regret it in 5years.

its not a fashion statement at all! i got it because i love it and it has some meaning to me! your probably one of those boring annoying people who do nothing with their lives but love to interfere with everyone else's!!
stephen2k5;7749244

its not a fashion statement at all! i got it because i love it and it has … its not a fashion statement at all! i got it because i love it and it has some meaning to me! your probably one of those boring annoying people who do nothing with their lives but love to interfere with everyone else's!!

good look getting a proper job with that.
black gerbil1;7749277

would you class serving youre country as a proper job....
black gerbil1;7749277

you might want to check what you write before posting! its good luck i think you mean! and yes well, that will be my problem, but i know how to present myself and none of my tattoos are offensive in any way! just take your thoughts elsewhere, because i seriously have no more time for you or your stupid comments!!
sig1169;7749366

would you class serving youre country as a proper job....

do you have a big tattoo on your arm, good look getting a job that pays over 30k a year with one

stephen2k5;7749431

you might want to check what you write before posting! its good luck i … you might want to check what you write before posting! its good luck i think you mean! and yes well, that will be my problem, but i know how to present myself and none of my tattoos are offensive in any way! just take your thoughts elsewhere, because i seriously have no more time for you or your stupid comments!!

i know the tattoo is not offensive but in today world you wont get a good job with that all over your arm brah
black gerbil1;7749439

do you have a big tattoo on your arm, good look getting a job that pays … do you have a big tattoo on your arm, good look getting a job that pays over 30k a year with one

ok one last time....GO AWAY! if you dont like tattoos thats fine!! Just take your opinions else where. And there are plenty of people out there with tattoos who earn endless amounts of money....so another stupid comment!!
stephen2k5;7749463

ok one last time....GO AWAY! if you dont like tattoos thats fine!! Just … ok one last time....GO AWAY! if you dont like tattoos thats fine!! Just take your opinions else where. And there are plenty of people out there with tattoos who earn endless amounts of money....so another stupid comment!!

stop crying, you posted the tattoo picture, obviously you wanted people to comment and I am commenting, you dont have to dignify my responses with a reply
black gerbil1;7749439

do you have a big tattoo on your arm, good look getting a job that pays … do you have a big tattoo on your arm, good look getting a job that pays over 30k a year with one i know the tattoo is not offensive but in today world you wont get a good job with that all over your arm brah

Depends what you do. David Beckham has doen OK (IMO). Perhaps not the best image for jobs involving marketing and face to face stuff. If its under clothes then I suppose you would be OK, but with a tattoo like this...

[image missing]

...you may run into difficulties, and I would imagine you run the risk of limiting your 'employment market' so to speak.

actually bg1 both me and my OH have large tattoos, both on over 30k a year and no 'look' was needed.... now get back in your cage why dont you
black gerbil1;7749489

stop crying, you posted the tattoo picture, obviously you wanted people … stop crying, you posted the tattoo picture, obviously you wanted people to comment and I am commenting, you dont have to dignify my responses with a reply

somebody asked me to post a picture....so i did!! all i was asking, was if using a certain cream was ok on my arm! i got my response and other posts came after! im not crying, its just sad people like you who interfere with peoples posts that just annoy other members. I have my job at the moment and my employers are fine with what i have. In fact most like my tattoos i have, and if needs be....i'll wear a long sleeve shirt to cover what has to be covered!
sig1169;7749536

actually bg1 both me and my OH have large tattoos, both on over 30k a … actually bg1 both me and my OH have large tattoos, both on over 30k a year and no 'look' was needed.... now get back in your cage why dont you

[ ] sure you do
stephen2k5;7749540

and if needs be....i'll wear a long sleeve shirt to cover what has to be … and if needs be....i'll wear a long sleeve shirt to cover what has to be covered!

you wont have a choice when you get a job that invloves interacting with customers, that if will get one know because of this.
don't feed the large and whiny troll people, he might go away....ha!

Savlon is fine for tats, Prep H is also pretty good but ensure you use the cream not the gel.
not my choice of style but a very nice tattoo none the less mate!
black gerbil1;7749610

[ ] sure you doyou wont have a choice when you get a job that invloves … [ ] sure you doyou wont have a choice when you get a job that invloves interacting with customers, that if will get one know because of this.

i work in retail
arcsbite;7749612

don't feed the large and whiny troll people, he might go away....ha!

we should be so lucky lol.

if you get a coloured tat i recommend cling film aswel, yes, makes the tat sweat alot but also keeps the colour alot more vibrant!
stephen2k5;7749540

somebody asked me to post a picture....so i did!! all i was asking, was … somebody asked me to post a picture....so i did!! all i was asking, was if using a certain cream was ok on my arm! i got my response and other posts came after! im not crying, its just sad people like you who interfere with peoples posts that just annoy other members. I have my job at the moment and my employers are fine with what i have. In fact most like my tattoos i have, and if needs be....i'll wear a long sleeve shirt to cover what has to be covered!

Ignore BG1 he rarely has anything constructve to add:thumbsup:
stephen2k5;7748249

cool! thanks for your info? wot u think of the tat by the way as an … cool! thanks for your info? wot u think of the tat by the way as an artist yourself? :thumbsup:

i really like it, it looks like its been well done, the outline looks nice and smooth which is the hardest part
BG1 stop being so narrow minded, you'll be surprised at the amount of high professional people are covered in tattoos and you'd never know, it tends to be those that work everyday in the general public that cant really have visable tattoos, if u go to work in a suit non the wiser. Having a tattoo is about expressing yourself, sometimes people regret them but often they are a mark of your history, what kindof person u was at the time, and a tattoo like skulls and roses is a classic design, it will never date, so good choice, its not like he got the latest disney character or something thatl mean nothing in 10 years I hate people that judge people with tattoos, i get looked at like im going to murder someone, yet I'm considered by most a very kind and laid back person, I find it very offensive! rant over!
I now have pics ofmy tattoo finished....its not a great picture as its quite dark and that wsas soon after it was done but here it is...

before:

[image missing]

after:

[image missing]

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Discussions

Top Merchants