Groups

IS IT PANCAKE DAY TOMORROW

Banned
    i now it in feb

37 Comments

it certainly is

:thumbsup:YES IT IS ... & THANKS FOR REMINDING ME !!

yes, it also sinifies the start of the christian festival (or what ever you want to call it) of Lent.
    If someone could clear up what you are supposed to do for it though that would be handy

Mike..

The reason that pancakes are associated with the day preceding Lent is that the 40 days of Lent form a period of liturgical fasting, during which only the plainest foodstuffs may be eaten. Therefore, rich ingredients such as eggs, milk, and sugar are disposed of immediately prior to the commencement of the fast. Pancakes and doughnuts were therefore an efficient way of using up these perishable goods, besides providing a minor celebratory feast prior to the fast itself :thumbsup:

MikeBeaver;1542969

yes, it also sinifies the start of the christian festival (or what ever … yes, it also sinifies the start of the christian festival (or what ever you want to call it) of Lent.If someone could clear up what you are supposed to do for it though that would be handy :)Mike..

Make and eat pancakes!!:)

Banned

new frying pan day here:oops:

sassie;1543022

new frying pan day here:oops:

What happened to the last one? Accidentally threw it into the ceiling whilst flipping?:)

Banned

chesso;1543034

What happened to the last one? Accidentally threw it into the ceiling … What happened to the last one? Accidentally threw it into the ceiling whilst flipping?:)

its ok at the mo, by tomorrow it will be burnt out - lol

sassie;1543053

its ok at the mo, by tomorrow it will be burnt out - lol

Even after looking at my Blue Peter link?
    Probably in the past you've been trying to keep up with BP by rushing from telly to kitchen and back - inevitable burning.:)

mmmmmmm pancake tuesday i love it, one load of pancakes for me

then wednesday is ash wednesday and signals the 40 days of lent

Pancakes, who doesn't love an old fashioned pancake... sucks if your lactose intollerant!!!!!!!

t0mm;1543323

Pancakes, who doesn't love an old fashioned pancake... sucks if your … Pancakes, who doesn't love an old fashioned pancake... sucks if your lactose intollerant!!!!!!!

More for everyone else then - smothered in butter & sugar and sprinkled with lemon & a drizzle of maple syrup.

You could nibble a doughnut or something:-D

Dougnut has milk + eggs in!

A pancake is one of the nicest things in the world!

It basically has everything you CANT eat if your lactose.

It's Pancake Day today, cant stand them myself but rest of family love them so guess whats for tea tonight!!

you cant beat the 'original' pancakes from days of ol'
    shame the art of making them yourself is dying out...........thanks aunt bessie :x
    off to mothers for tea so my kids can sample what was one of the most memorable days of my childhood. was probably the only day that my mother didnt say "too much sugar will give you worms" (not a nice thought i know :roll: )
    although i dont think my kids are gonna get a look-in as i will be at the front of the queue.

t0mm: Dougnut has milk + eggs in!

Oh!:oops: I suppose you would know that if you're intolerant.
    Nibble a small dry biscuit and try to put on a happy face?:-D

homerian;1544060

you cant beat the 'original' pancakes from days of ol'shame the art of … you cant beat the 'original' pancakes from days of ol'shame the art of making them yourself is dying out...........thanks aunt bessie :xoff to mothers for tea so my kids can sample what was one of the most memorable days of my childhood. was probably the only day that my mother didnt say "too much sugar will give you worms" (not a nice thought i know :roll: )although i dont think my kids are gonna get a look-in as i will be at the front of the queue.

The making of pancakes is dying out?? Never. BP sees to that.

chesso;1544971

The making of pancakes is dying out?? Never. BP sees to that.

excuse my 'blondeness' :oops:
    are you meaning BP as in 'British Petroleum'?
    how are they seeing the continuation of pancake making?

PS i meant that people with fast lives now tend to buy 'aunt bessies' instead of taking the time to make some thenselves :thinking:

homerian;1545131

excuse my 'blondeness' :oops:are you meaning BP as in 'British … excuse my 'blondeness' :oops:are you meaning BP as in 'British Petroleum'?how are they seeing the continuation of pancake making?PS i meant that people with fast lives now tend to buy 'aunt bessies' instead of taking the time to make some thenselves :thinking:

sing along:da,da,da.da.da,da,da...........
    [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Blue Peter[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Aunty Bessie's maybe for other days but never on Pancake day itself. Who would think of such a thing - worse than not having gravy with your Yorkshire pud. (Now A.bessie's does some good frozen Yorkshires !!)

Woah!? Chesso got the wrong end of the stick!! i'm not L/I

I love my milk! [Uhm... if your not immature you will be fine!]

t0mm;1545925

Woah!? Chesso got the wrong end of the stick!! i'm not L/II love my milk! … Woah!? Chesso got the wrong end of the stick!! i'm not L/II love my milk! [Uhm... if your not immature you will be fine!]

So, I felt guilty - a bit;-) - for nothing?
    Is it true? Do doughnuts have milk and eggs? Are you a recipe expert or advisor to the L/I? How come you mentioned L/I and not diabetics? Did you really think your comment through before posting? Answers please on a fold out multi-coloured paper plate to attach to the fridge with double stick-backed sticky stuff.:-D

1. Yes.
    2. Yes
    3. No comment
    4. Because diabetics can still eat it, it's just bad for them.
    5. Was I meant to?
    6. Please send me £0.49p for first class postage.

Must go now and make some pancakes from basic, but potentially life-threatening, ingredients, on which I have spent every last penny. :giggle:

So you don't want the paper plate :(?

t0mm;1546064

So you don't want the paper plate :(?

I'm back now!
    No thanks for the paper plate, because you already gave me the answers.:giggle::giggle:
    See how clever my interrogation technique was?:)

Pancakes?

Banned

bad parent here, used a packet mix, but the kids loved them and my frying pan is still usable, gosh im getting good:-D

How do you make thick pancakes.

Banned

odriscoll;1546591

by not educating them

lol ok ill try that

sassie;1546616

by not educating them

lol :thumbsup:

Just had mine, one went on the floor though! Can't beat pancakes with lots of sugar and squeezed oranges on top!

noooo sigar and jam YUM

jam? ewww

orange all the way!

odriscoll;1546767

noooo sigar and jam YUM

I bet you just made that jam thing up - jam butties, yes but pancakes, nooooo - to break through the [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]3K[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE="4"]CONGRATS![/SIZE]

odriscoll;1546591

use a slightly smaller frying pan and a bit more mixture

just got back from my mothers............hmmmmm..........not how i remembered them :cry:
    might have been something to do with having to share them with my kids though and not having a LARGE stack to myself :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4452081
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?34183
      3. Samsung Note 8812
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214170

See more discussions