Groups
    EXPIRED

Is it poss 2 get interent thu mobile on laptop

Hi guys,

I could really do with some help . I'm moving back in to halls of residence in my 7th year and auni, but there is no internet access in the rooms and I was wondering if it were possible to get internet through a mobile phone which can be used on the laptop?

any advice would be fab!

6 Comments

Yep

Depends on the phone though.
    - and it would be VERY expensive (about £3 per MB)

Yes this can be done - works best with a 3G phone (better modems).

I think with modern phones you can just plug them into the laptop & set them up as a modem (my Nokia N95 works fine).

Alternatively you can use this kind of thing.

mobiles.co.uk/vod…tml

They might be available to buy without contract?

Original Poster

Thanks ever so much for this - I really had idea where to start! I really really appreciate it!

This T-Mobile offering maybe good for you. Espcially the hot spot option which gives you unlimited access for £20 a month.

t-mobile.co.uk/sho…et/

Original Poster

Thanks DAZ - I'm a research student so I need unlimited access in my room all the time - there is a computer room in the complex but It's really important that I have it my room so I can cross reference my books and notes - but thanks for the find

Tell me if I have missunderstood ? Do you have to be in range of a starbucks or the suchlike?

vbeardmore

Thanks DAZ - I'm a research student so I need unlimited access in my room … Thanks DAZ - I'm a research student so I need unlimited access in my room all the time - there is a computer room in the complex but It's really important that I have it my room so I can cross reference my books and notes - but thanks for the findTell me if I have missunderstood ? Do you have to be in range of a starbucks or the suchlike?

For the hot spot one which is £20 (or £10 if you are in a current t-mobile contract) then yes you do.

Otherwise the other plan called web and walk hich starts at £29 (if you dont want VOIP) can be used any where and dont need to be in range of a "hotspot". If you want voip its £44. More information on that can be found here:

t-mobile.co.uk/sho…op/

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11
      2. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?525
      3. Selling advice56
      4. VF retentions: £14pm - 20GB, unlim mins and texts22

See more discussions