Groups

Is It Possible?

To completely stop the use of p2p downloading programs on a network in my home?

Basically i want to stop anyone in the house from using any p2p software for downloading, is there a program i can put on one computer to monitor the rest and stop them from using the programs?

Or is there something i can do with the router to stop them being accessed?

Any help would be great thanks

7 Comments

You could block the ports being used by the programs in the router setup but if the port can be changed in the program they may be able to get round this...

Original Poster

spufmonkey;6256967

You could block the ports being used by the programs in the router setup … You could block the ports being used by the programs in the router setup but if the port can be changed in the program they may be able to get round this...

How would i find out what ports to block etc?

If you want to block any of these app's - then you can try these ports...
    Azureus 6881 to 6889 TCP, UDP
    DC++ 411, 1025 to 32000 TCP, UDP
    Limewire 6346 to 6347 TCP, UDP

If not, take a look at the rest of ]this list and see if you can find the prog!

Amb

Original Poster

Ambdon;6257060

If you want to block any of these app's - then you can try these … If you want to block any of these app's - then you can try these ports...Azureus 6881 to 6889 TCP, UDPDC++ 411, 1025 to 32000 TCP, UDPLimewire 6346 to 6347 TCP, UDPIf not, take a look at the rest of ]this list and see if you can find the prog!Amb

Cheers i will try looking into it more. +rep to you all

Port blocking is pretty ineffective tbh. All they need to do is find ANY open port and map their client to that. For example 110, 25, 80, 21 etc...... If you block those you screw everything up :lol:

its easier to block all ports on the router and disable it's uPNP function, then open the ones that will be definitely required ie port 80, this will baffle many kids(not all) but remember to password the routers page effectively.
    most kids using p2p will want to do other things and this will stop that and make it less attractive to use the p2p

A large piece of 2 x 4. If you catch anyone downloading using p2p then go at them with it

The one problem with blocking p2p completely is that some genuine applications use it. I believe 4od is one of them (dont know if this has changed recently?)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions