Is it possible to apply for european health card for free, is it worth it ?

Posted 30th JanEdited by:"Hunt_Deal_Hunt"
Is it possible to apply for european health card for free, is it worth it ? For uk citizen

Is it free ? What's the process

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
It's free. Don't use those sites that charge. Dunno if it is still available after tomorrow though. Check on govt website
psychobitchfromhell30/01/2020 18:31

It's free. Don't use those sites that charge. Dunno if it is still …It's free. Don't use those sites that charge. Dunno if it is still available after tomorrow though. Check on govt website

Nothing is really changing until Dec 31 at least.
I wouldn't go to Europe without one. Ok it basically gives you the equivalent of nhs treatment in the country you are in. What it is not though is an alternative to travel insurance.
You have 11 month left to use it.Official link to get it: nhs.uk/usi…rd/
Yes, get one. You will find that most insurance policies insist you have one. Without it you may find yourself with a huge medical bill and no insurance.

Currently, if you get one, it will definitely last until 31st December this year. After that, who knows.
It might still be part of a deal when we properly leave so deffo get one, it's a free service from the NHS so don't fall into the trap of paying online scammers for it
psychobitchfromhell30/01/2020 18:47

I wouldn't go to Europe without one. Ok it basically gives you the …I wouldn't go to Europe without one. Ok it basically gives you the equivalent of nhs treatment in the country you are in. What it is not though is an alternative to travel insurance.

Well said re insurance. It’s only when you have used other medical services that you truly realise how fantastic the free NHS is and why so many find this country to be exremely attractive
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants