Groups

Is it possible to buy a Tablet that I can connect a dongle to

Usually when I go away I take my Samsung netbook but it is a bit heavy and I would like a tablet, but I need to be able to connect a dongle for internet access. Many thanks for any help.

16 Comments

Get a MiFi Wireless unit.

you could get a mobile WiFi device instead of the dongle, then you can connect multiple tablets/phones through one connection. much easier.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I've got the dongle already. It cost 42 euros so I would like to continue using that if possible.

the tablets with this function arent great and the dougle would stick out and be prone to hitting off things... if ur getting a tablet get a 3g or 4g one you could then just insert the sim?

Original Poster

justanothercid

the tablets with this function arent great and the dougle would stick out … the tablets with this function arent great and the dougle would stick out and be prone to hitting off things... if ur getting a tablet get a 3g or 4g one you could then just insert the sim?

Ok will look for one of those. Thanks for replying.

A Mi Fi Unit is far more flexible than a dongle.

Op if its one of these you should be ok with Android (E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W) if not maybe go with a windows one.

Or maybe buy a 3g tablet or a suggested above a mifi.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Op if its one of these you should be ok with Android (E1916, ZTE AC2736, … Op if its one of these you should be ok with Android (E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W) if not maybe go with a windows one.Or maybe buy a 3g tablet or a suggested above a mifi.

Thank you. Will look for a 3g tablet.

if it cost you €42, you may get some good resale value for it.
    mifi all the way. will give you some decent additional advantages and features too

Original Poster

DennisG

if it cost you €42, you may get some good resale value for it.mifi all t … if it cost you €42, you may get some good resale value for it.mifi all the way. will give you some decent additional advantages and features too

Thanks, will look into that.

Someone I know bought 2 7" Android tablets for presents at Christmas , I noticed on the box you could connect a dongle to it . I thought that was a good thing to have considering the tablets were only £28 each . Ideal even if for short time use .

ricko

Someone I know bought 2 7" Android tablets for presents at Christmas , I … Someone I know bought 2 7" Android tablets for presents at Christmas , I noticed on the box you could connect a dongle to it . I thought that was a good thing to have considering the tablets were only £28 each . Ideal even if for short time use .

Get those tablets posted in the deals section. They will run like a dead dog but you might get uber heat.

They were bought for youngsters ,so probably not last long in any case .
    But I think these were the ones :

JYJ 7 Inch Android Google Tablet PC 4.2.2 8GB 512MB DDR3 A23 Dual Core Camera Capacitive Screen 1.5GHz 3G WIFI

amazon.co.uk/JYJ…ets

and they looked OK for the money .The dongle input is a good feature.

Original Poster

ricko

They were bought for youngsters ,so probably not last long in any case … They were bought for youngsters ,so probably not last long in any case .But I think these were the ones :JYJ 7 Inch Android Google Tablet PC 4.2.2 8GB 512MB DDR3 A23 Dual Core Camera Capacitive Screen 1.5GHz 3G WIFI http://www.amazon.co.uk/JYJ-Android-Google-Tablet-Capacitive/dp/B00LGUSP82/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1420141360&sr=8-11&keywords=tabletsand they looked OK for the money .The dongle input is a good feature.

Thanks ricko

Dongle should work in tablet but you may need a otg adapter say from eBay for about £1. You put the end in usb,and connect dongle other end.

Original Poster

looser

Dongle should work in tablet but you may need a otg adapter say from eBay … Dongle should work in tablet but you may need a otg adapter say from eBay for about £1. You put the end in usb,and connect dongle other end.

Thanks looser.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions