Is it possible to buy an SD card for cheap on the high street?

Found 28th Mar 2012
So if I want an SD card *today* is it even possible to buy it on the high street for a reasonable price? I can get a 32gb sdhc class 10 online for less than £20 but Currys/Jessops etc want £70 or more.

SOOO question is - is it even possible or should I just order online and wait a couple days?
Community Updates
18 Comments
Banned
Has someone hijacked admins account

must admit i have never seen them cheap on the highstreet
Nope not possible (generally) unless it has been posted as a deal
Not seen them cheap, but if you want it by tomorrow you could use the free prime on amazon (That's if you have not used it before) .
If you order online with next day delivery, it'll still be a lot cheaper than buying on the high street
Banned
You need to ask the mods to move this to deal requests.
Another high street rip off.
You'd maybe expect it to be a couple of quid more, but not double/triple the price!
Try your local Game or Gamestation, apparently they are having a sale.
Mod & Ed
you could try somewhere like cash converters, they're even advertising donkeys now
Get the tube to Goodge Street and 5 minute walk to Cex Rathbone Place, £20 for a 32gb and the ones I've seen in their window are still sealed

I'll expect my cheque in the post shall I?
Original Poster
Sweet - will check cex and then if they don't have it to yoyotech. realblender - I always like that idea but more hassle
this has to be a wind up, surely.

If amazingly it's not, try tesco or asda. they usually have some sort of offer on although still way dearer than internet prices.
Original Poster
Why would you think it's a wind up? It's unbelievable how marked up high street prices are for an sd card so I figured someone must know of some shop that has normal SD card prices.
Staples and Currys price match their online prices.
Admin

Why would you think it's a wind up? It's unbelievable how marked up high … Why would you think it's a wind up? It's unbelievable how marked up high street prices are for an sd card so I figured someone must know of some shop that has normal SD card prices.

It's just the sort of question that the mentalists on here that need help cooking their dinner or putting on their shoes without killing themselves would ask, not admin. Did you manage to find one anyway?
Banned
Admin

Why would you think it's a wind up? It's unbelievable how marked up high … Why would you think it's a wind up? It's unbelievable how marked up high street prices are for an sd card so I figured someone must know of some shop that has normal SD card prices.

if you tell people where you live then they might be able to help better.
I know 2 independant computer shops round here that do them close to internet prices, but unless you are from Sunderland its pointless posting them, I'm sure there are some by you though
Be aware that there are a lot of fakes on the market, as I remember speaking to a supplier for a client before and the industry used to have a lot of fakes but worked well but a lot of resellers were struggling, so they started selling them with the rubbish components but making out it was a high speed card via the casing.

I spoke to someone about this recently and they told me the industry has changed so much that some manufacturers even adjust the card details to state it's got a bigger memory than it actually has but customers can't tell the difference and assume the card has reached it's maximum capacity because they have a lot of data on the card.
And here's me thinking Admin might just know a little bit about shops, The Web, and deals.

Dunno why I thought that.

Edit: why have I just posted in a 2 month old thread?
Sorry mate, probably my fault but I noticed this thread and thought I'd better post on it but yeah, I suspected the owner of a deals site might be a bit more clued up on deals but I suppose every product is a bit different and not everyone can know everything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants