Expired

Is it possible to close a first direct account (netting the £100 leaving bonus), and also get the £100 halifax switching bonus?

Found 13th Jan 2014
As the title describes, I'm wondering whether anyone has managed to combine the £100 you get for leaving a first direct 1st account, with the £100 switching bonus that halifax offers.

I'm also curious as to whether anyone knows if it's possible to open a new first direct account later in time after closing one, as I'd quite like to use their regular saver. Any ideas?

Any advice much appreciated!

5 Comments

Yes, assuming you're eligible for the promotions.

I miss out on Halifax's £100 because I'm already with Bank of Scotland

Original Poster

Mucus69

Yes, assuming you're eligible for the promotions.I miss out on Halifax's … Yes, assuming you're eligible for the promotions.I miss out on Halifax's £100 because I'm already with Bank of Scotland

Ah, so you reckon the Halifax switcher will be for new customers only too? I already have a halifax account aswell so I suppose that's to be expected!!

Does anyone know the answer to the second question regarding the opening a new account down the line (after a couple of months) if you've had one previously and closed it?

Cheers again!

Atomika

Ah, so you reckon the Halifax switcher will be for new customers only … Ah, so you reckon the Halifax switcher will be for new customers only too? I already have a halifax account aswell so I suppose that's to be expected!!Does anyone know the answer to the second question regarding the opening a new account down the line (after a couple of months) if you've had one previously and closed it?Cheers again!

Existing customers are included now!

'To qualify for the £100 switching offer... Use the Halifax ‘Current Account Switch Service’, to switch into a new or existing Halifax Current Account, Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (“your account”).'

'Bank of Scotland bank account customers are not eligible for the offer.'

First Direct - presume your Regular Saver Account didn't reach anniversary. T&Cs doesn't confirm whether having a previous 'uncompleted' Saver Account precludes you from opening a second one. Best to call them.

First Direct: 'You can only open one Regular Saver Account'.

Original Poster

Mucus69

Existing customers are included now!'To qualify for the £100 switching … Existing customers are included now!'To qualify for the £100 switching offer... Use the Halifax ‘Current Account Switch Service’, to switch into a new or existing Halifax Current Account, Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (“your account”).''Bank of Scotland bank account customers are not eligible for the offer.' :(First Direct - presume your Regular Saver Account didn't reach anniversary. T&Cs doesn't confirm whether having a previous 'uncompleted' Saver Account precludes you from opening a second one. Best to call them.First Direct: 'You can only open one Regular Saver Account'.

Ah! Interesting. I actually strategically never opened a regular saver with first direct (as I saw it wouldn't reach the 12 month requirement and would therefore be better off in a high interest saver elsewhere). Do you think rather than opening a new current account with them in a few months or so I could open just a regular saver and that would be as if it were a new account?

Thanks again!

Atomika

Ah! Interesting. I actually strategically never opened a regular saver … Ah! Interesting. I actually strategically never opened a regular saver with first direct (as I saw it wouldn't reach the 12 month requirement and would therefore be better off in a high interest saver elsewhere). Do you think rather than opening a new current account with them in a few months or so I could open just a regular saver and that would be as if it were a new account?Thanks again!

First Direct should be paying me to answer your questions!

Regular Saver isn't standalone as it can only be funded from a 1st Account, so you'll need both.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions