Groups

Is it possible to engrave an ipod at a shop?

Just been wondering, want to get my girlfriend a new ipod for christmas - and i want it engraved so that she doesn't think it's second hand (plus it's oh so romantic ;)).

Thing is, the ipod website is so expensive, is it possible to buy a good as new ipod - and then take it to an apple shop and get it engraved there?

Thanks.

6 Comments

Yes (as long as it has an engraving station) some will do it for free (or valid reason why you didn't do it at the time of purchase) and some pose a small charge.

Surely you could just also get it engraved at a proper engravers? (usually in shoe re-heeling shops and trophy shops etc)
    I imagine they'd use the same tools, as far as I know the apple shop in bullring birmingham send them away to be engraved...

I personally wouldn't get it engraved as you loose your warranty on it if you do. Just a warning.

Original Poster

MunkiMadz;3425612

Surely you could just also get it engraved at a proper engravers? … Surely you could just also get it engraved at a proper engravers? (usually in shoe re-heeling shops and trophy shops etc)I imagine they'd use the same tools, as far as I know the apple shop in bullring birmingham send them away to be engraved...

Ah you see Birmingham would have been the place i would have gone for it.

Ah well thanks for all your help guys, i think that's sorted me out quite a lot

will come back to this thread tomorrow and will give you all rep for helping me out.

I appreciate i lose warranty, but at least this way it kinda looks like i bought it new.

Cheers.

It doesn't lose warranty (it just takes longer for repair)

dcx_badass;3425794

Apple laser engrave them.

Yup, that's why they have to send it away if you take it into a store. But some engravers have been doing it as a career since they left school (and are now well old) and are very skilled and probably on par with lasers...I know that lasers are more accurate than the standard amateur lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions