Is it possible to get an argos refund/exchange past the 30 days?

Found 4th Jan 2011
I wanted to know if its still possible to get an exchange/refund on an item which is past the 30 days money back guarantee.

As back in october I purchased a Tomica train set item on a 3 for 2 on toys offer.

It was put away for christmas and now that its been set up the train doesn't work, have put brand new batteries in the train and it doesn't come on, think the switch may be faulty.

I still have the receipt...is its possible to get it exchanged/refunded still?
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
yes you can just take it back and tell them it was an xmas present and it doesn't work - they will replace it or give vouchers - won't give money back due to you getting it in 3 for 2 , unless you take all 3 items back then they will refund money
They are pretty good this refunds. If you cant exchange it I have a few spare Thomas Trains if you want one, as long as its the Trackmaster Track.
thank you both for your help and advice it has answered all that I needed to know x

Much appreciated
The 30 day no quibble refund does not take place of your statutory rights. So a faulty product outside of the 30 day marker is no problem.
you can return it as it is faulty and if there is no more they should refund it at a price which is the price of the three toys purchased divided to work out how much you paid for that toy - if a product is faulty you are entitled to a refund with proof of purchase they cant refuse you one really!
Thanks for the extra info, had the product exchanged with no fuss and the new train works just great and have a very pleased little boy, so thank you all ...will know this now for future purchases.
I know it's an old thread, but the title question is similar?

Will Argos refund/exchange for an item that's not faulty after the 30 day period?
bhaisab8 m ago

I know it's an old thread, but the title question is similar?Will Argos …I know it's an old thread, but the title question is similar?Will Argos refund/exchange for an item that's not faulty after the 30 day period?

Read this:
which.co.uk/con…act
bhaisab1 h, 30 m ago

I know it's an old thread, but the title question is similar?Will Argos …I know it's an old thread, but the title question is similar?Will Argos refund/exchange for an item that's not faulty after the 30 day period?

They did an extended returns period from 12th October I'm sure until January 29th for Christmas, check their website for exact date.
Hi my friend bought some wardrobes and had them delivered about 5 weeks ago. She was killed in an RTA on the 9th August. We are now packing up her house and these wardrobes were never unpacked. Can we return these. We can produce proof of her death if required. Because of the funeral etc we are a week or so over the 30 days. Thanks in advance
lorna.alexander4 h, 44 m ago

Hi my friend bought some wardrobes and had them delivered about 5 weeks …Hi my friend bought some wardrobes and had them delivered about 5 weeks ago. She was killed in an RTA on the 9th August. We are now packing up her house and these wardrobes were never unpacked. Can we return these. We can produce proof of her death if required. Because of the funeral etc we are a week or so over the 30 days. Thanks in advance

Worth a try. Pop in and ask before you lug the wardrobes down there, or give them a call. Regardless of rights (I'm not sure what you're entitled to), they may offer a goodwill gesture.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants