Groups

Is it possible to install MS Office ISO File from a flash drive?

I downloaded MS Office 2003 as an ISO file from the Microsoft Technet Offer a while back and installed it on my PC by burning it to a disc then installing as per. However, I'd like to install it on an Acer Aspire One with XP, but the problem is, the AAO doesn't have an optical drive. Is there a way I can install it on the AAO without having to buy an external USB optical drive?

12 Comments

should do, it will take longer though.

yes, just download software that can read iso files - eg cd daemon.
    (There are literally hundreds of them, just take your pick)

You can install a virtual drive on your computer.

Free one here (that I use) slysoft.com/en/…tml

Once installed right click and click on Virtual Clone Drive and select Mount - browse for iso and it will mount it as if you'd put it into a dvd-rom etc drive.

Original Poster

Brb;6236275

You can install a virtual drive on your computer. Free one here (that I … You can install a virtual drive on your computer. Free one here (that I use) http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.htmlOnce installed right click and click on Virtual Clone Drive and select Mount - browse for iso and it will mount it as if you'd put it into a dvd-rom etc drive.

That sounds ideal, I'll give it a go.

Thanks and rep :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Is winrar a free software?

SuperEd

windhoek;6236382

yep :thumbsup:

windhoek;6236382

yes, for 30 days (or however long the trial is)

Unlike most programs - Office you can just extract the ISO and it will run fine.

SuperEd

dcx_badass;6236446

It lasts for ever, you just get a pop-up after that, but if you just … It lasts for ever, you just get a pop-up after that, but if you just right click and do extract instead or opening the main program it works forever with no pop ups.

+1

Original Poster

I used the slysoft software from the link above software as I had already downloaded it and installed MS Office onto the netbook - it was as easy as pie! Thanks again :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6237600

Next time I recommend the winrar way, mainly because once you've … Next time I recommend the winrar way, mainly because once you've extracted it, that's it just keep it on a memory stick and you can use it again on any PC without needing anymore software to do it, where as your way you have to install the clonedrive software on each PC.

Ahh, I never realised that that was possible, I'll defo check it out. Do you think it also works with linux?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6237804

No because office 2003 is for windows.

ahh, thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767302
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1628
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      4. word survey1013

See more discussions