Is it possible to sideload APK files onto Amazon fire kids tablet?

Found 15th Jul
Hi
As above, considering getting tomorrow but being able to sideload downloaded APK files is a big must for me. Grateful for advice on whether this would be possible? Thank you
Community Updates
AskComputers
15 Comments
You can. I've sideloaded Google Play Store on it (the 8" version, but all Fire tablets allow sideloading).
Edited by: "jamie015" 15th Jul
jamie0156 m ago

You can. I've sideloaded Google Play Store on it (the 8" version, but all …You can. I've sideloaded Google Play Store on it (the 8" version, but all Fire tablets allow sideloading).

Thanks. I am just concerned that the kids version is more locked down....
Borgia142 s ago

Thanks. I am just concerned that the kids version is more locked down....

It's not, as I did it on the 8" Kids Edition.
jamie0151 m ago

It's not, as I did it on the 8" Kids Edition.

Ok great thanks
Heard a podcast where they discussed. You need to follow the tutorial to the letter. Youtube will be your best bet. Some skip a reboot or a step and it will fail. Depends what you are side loading I guess so go careful. Never a fan of side loading myself
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Jul
wayners3 m ago

Heard a podcast where they discussed. You need to follow the tutorial to …Heard a podcast where they discussed. You need to follow the tutorial to the letter. Youtube will be your best bet. Some skip a reboot or a step and it will fail. Depends what you are side loading I guess so go careful. Never a fan of side loading myself

I just followed a guide online. All you had to do was download the APK files in a certain order and that's it to get Play Store.

Sideloading is so easy, just search for an APK on apkmirror, then download and install it.
jamie0152 m ago

I just followed a guide online. All you had to do was download the APK …I just followed a guide online. All you had to do was download the APK files in a certain order and that's it to get Play Store.Sideloading is so easy, just search for an APK on apkmirror, then download and install it.

And if the application is not on the playstore?
Borgia12 m ago

It's fine, you can sideload any APK you would be able to on stock Android. I was just giving an example of what I've sideloaded, but I have sideloaded other apps too.
Edited by: "jamie015" 15th Jul
Borgia113 m ago

Might be on aptoide?
I use ADBLINK for my side loading needs if u want it PM me and I can send u a link.
Edited by: "fergys" 15th Jul
jamie0153 h, 40 m ago

I just followed a guide online. All you had to do was download the APK …I just followed a guide online. All you had to do was download the APK files in a certain order and that's it to get Play Store.Sideloading is so easy, just search for an APK on apkmirror, then download and install it.

But does the app appear on the Kids profile?

I've sideloaded access to the google playstore on a Kindle 7 tablet and although the app i wanted can be installed there is no way to add it to a fire Kids profile on the tablet..
Uridium5 m ago

But does the app appear on the Kids profile?I've sideloaded access to the …But does the app appear on the Kids profile?I've sideloaded access to the google playstore on a Kindle 7 tablet and although the app i wanted can be installed there is no way to add it to a fire Kids profile on the tablet..

No idea, tablet is only for 1 person who uses it themselves. Have you tried sideloading Play Store on the kids profile?
Sorry to jump on board but if you side load Google play store I will assume it works fine. And if you install something like nova will that Chang ether launcher to something more like a regular tablet or are you stuck with the Amazon fire one?
jamie01511 h, 30 m ago

Apk mirror is android police site. Safe apk so I hear
wayners9 m ago

Apk mirror is android police site. Safe apk so I hear

Yes that's right
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants