Groups

Is it relativly cheap to hire a small van? Or better to get a man with van?

I have a few things at my friends house that I left when I moved house, I reckon I can get everything into the boot and back of a normal sized car bar this dresser unit that I want to use for my pc.

So if I bought a new or used dresser it will be at least £15 or more like £20 and paying for delivery or a taxi then dragging it up flights of stairs.

The distance is around 60 miles so was thinking a man with a van shouldnt charge too much and I could probably add a few other things in like my old crt and my old pc.

The other main reason is that my dad was meant to collect it for me and has a LPG car so cheap for driving and was going to do it anyway but cant fit in the dresser and can barely fit in everything and I may have to leave a few things.

So even if I pay say £30 for a small van it may cost far more in petrol anyway but really want the dresser.

3 Comments

Probably cheaper to buy a new dresser and have it delivered to your new gaff - or ask the seller. Hiring a van is around £60 per day - man with a van - dunno how much tbh.

You can get a van quite cheap however the insurance excess can be as much as £500.. Then all you need is some idiot to hit you

grimm6

You can get a van quite cheap however the insurance excess can be as much … You can get a van quite cheap however the insurance excess can be as much as £500.. Then all you need is some idiot to hit you

^--- this. Can't you take the dresser apart, flat pack stylee? Or remove the seat on your dad's car? If you want it that bad - spend the £60 on a cheapo trailer...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions