Expired

is it safe selling PSN codes on ebay?

Found 14th Dec 2013
Hi, I was just curious on whether it'll be alright selling £10 vouchers on eBay?
Community Updates
AskPSN
16 Comments
Yep fine after payment by paypal
Original Poster
norville555

Yep fine after payment by paypal

What if they try scamming and claiming the code doesn't work after payments sent, and demand a refund through paypal? Thanks
Buyer nearly always gets their money back off PayPal. Lots of scams on ps4/Xbox 1 lately.
Original Poster
norville555

Buyer nearly always gets their money back off PayPal. Lots of scams on … Buyer nearly always gets their money back off PayPal. Lots of scams on ps4/Xbox 1 lately.

So should I or shouldn't I list these on eBay, I really want to get rid of them as I got no use for them.
If they are genuine why not try on here first, it's free..
Original Poster
norville555

If they are genuine why not try on here first, it's free..

Think I'm banned from selling on here, and I don't think you can profit on here either.

Original Poster
Anyone else have any experience selling on eBay? Any input appreciated
Codes are a bit weird, you can't prove it works before sending (someone in the sun plus thread mentioned theirs already being redeemed) and they can't reasonably prove they haven't redeemed it. I've sold codes on eBay before but always put that I'd post the physical card if required with no issues bar one buyer not reading the listing.
I wouldn't want to chance it
All the codes I sold I had duplicates of, came from brand new games and if someone had said it didn't work I would have sent them another one. If you are happy with that sell them lol
White Flamedeer

PS: I'd be wary and careful with ebay. I had phones on their and they always take the customers side and you are left out of pocket. Things like codes are very difficult to prove that you are right and the buyer is wrong. Ebay will always take their side.
Edited by: "krazyasif786" 14th Dec 2013
Ebay always favours the buyer. Very easy for sellers to get scammed after being forced to use PayPal.

EBay itself is one big scam.
Original Poster
AndrewRoss

Codes are a bit weird, you can't prove it works before sending (someone … Codes are a bit weird, you can't prove it works before sending (someone in the sun plus thread mentioned theirs already being redeemed) and they can't reasonably prove they haven't redeemed it. I've sold codes on eBay before but always put that I'd post the physical card if required with no issues bar one buyer not reading the listing.

Feisty

I wouldn't want to chance it

AndrewRoss

All the codes I sold I had duplicates of, came from brand new games and … All the codes I sold I had duplicates of, came from brand new games and if someone had said it didn't work I would have sent them another one. If you are happy with that sell them lol

krazyasif786

White Flamedeer :)PS: I'd be wary and careful with ebay. I had phones on … White Flamedeer :)PS: I'd be wary and careful with ebay. I had phones on their and they always take the customers side and you are left out of pocket. Things like codes are very difficult to prove that you are right and the buyer is wrong. Ebay will always take their side.

Istanbul_Kop

Ebay always favours the buyer. Very easy for sellers to get scammed after … Ebay always favours the buyer. Very easy for sellers to get scammed after being forced to use PayPal. EBay itself is one big scam.

Thanks guys, I really don't know what I should do with £70 worth of vouchers; I was hoping to get rid of it for £50-60.

I've noticed a lot of people have started to sell them on eBay, but not sure whether to risk it or not. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks guys
You'll probably be all right to be honest.

Are the cards sealed/unscratched or anything?

Video yourself opening them before emailing them. At least you'll have something if issues were to arise.

Remember to put no refunds in the listing and in the ebay settings too.
Edited by: "Istanbul_Kop" 14th Dec 2013
PayPal/eBay is not meant to cover digital media like codes so buyers should not be able to get their money back...
Pretty sure they are the codes from sun+ so no way of proving they are unused as there's no actual physical card or anything. I'm sure you would be ok but I'd sell them in batches of 3 or something so you have spares in case of issues.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants