Is it safe to buy S10 Plus 128GB SD855 variant in eglobal central / ebay?

Posted 7th OctEdited by:"vassy2i"
Hi all,

I’m looking to buy the Samsung S10 Plus 128GB Snapdragon variant from eglobal / Bay. Assuming this is would be a Non Uk / EU variant i have the following questions. Hopefully someone can help.

1. Do all apps work in UK ? Samsung pay would be a no but any other?
2. Samsung UK cover 2 year warranty if the phone is imported?
3. Any preferred S10+ model numbers i should look out for?
4. Do phones comes in a factory sealed condition if its from eglobal

Thanks
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

11 Comments
Samsung wouldn't cover warranty in the UK if item is from outside the EEA, after Brexit even this may change. Most apps should work fine though, I would suggest looking into Nationwide Flex Plus account as they will probably insure the phone.
jamie1507/10/2019 08:20

Samsung wouldn't cover warranty in the UK if item is from outside the EEA, …Samsung wouldn't cover warranty in the UK if item is from outside the EEA, after Brexit even this may change. Most apps should work fine though, I would suggest looking into Nationwide Flex Plus account as they will probably insure the phone.

Thanks for your reply. As long as device comes in a factory sealed state I should be fine. I'm planning to buy the device using my credit card to be safe. Hope that would give me extra bit of protection on the purchase though not as a warranty.
vassy2i07/10/2019 08:40

Thanks for your reply. As long as device comes in a factory sealed state I …Thanks for your reply. As long as device comes in a factory sealed state I should be fine. I'm planning to buy the device using my credit card to be safe. Hope that would give me extra bit of protection on the purchase though not as a warranty.

I guess it would through S75. Good luck if you buy

Thanks for your reply. As long as device comes in a factory sealed state I …Thanks for your reply. As long as device comes in a factory sealed state I should be fine. I'm planning to buy the device using my credit card to be safe. Hope that would give me extra bit of protection on the purchase though not as a warranty.

May not qualify for S75 as the eBay payment system may not be interpreted as debtor > creditor > supplier. A direct purchase from EGC website should qualify for S75 which would also provide UK-based replicated merchant warranty (12months) with zero requirement to ever contact EGC once payment is made, although that warranty is unlikely to be anything other than full refund.
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 10:12

May not qualify for S75 as the eBay payment system may not be interpreted …May not qualify for S75 as the eBay payment system may not be interpreted as debtor > creditor > supplier. A direct purchase from EGC website should qualify for S75 which would also provide UK-based replicated merchant warranty (12months) with zero requirement to ever contact EGC once payment is made, although that warranty is unlikely to be anything other than full refund.

I missed the eBay bit completely Definitely better to buy directly from Eglobal for S75.
Phones from eglobal come with no warranty from Samsung plus hopefully you receive it with no issues because good luck trying to return it to Hong Kong
bobdylan07/10/2019 11:29

Phones from eglobal come with no warranty from Samsung plus hopefully you …Phones from eglobal come with no warranty from Samsung plus hopefully you receive it with no issues because good luck trying to return it to Hong Kong

Maybe you missed a couple of posts but nothing needs to be returned to HK after having made an S75-qualifying purchase. No need to even contact the supplier once the original purchase via CC is made, regardless of issue.

HK-based Wowcamera claims to supply all Samsung devices with "2 Year Official Samsung UK Warranty", no import fees etc. Maybe check if the prices are competitive to EGC. But, and it's a big but: WC does not accept direct credit card payment so no undisputable route to the benefits of S75 CC protection. However, payment is accepted via PayPal so you may be able to successfully present the concept that a PP purchase wholly funded via CC does meet S75 qualification, but expect a battle with the CC co in that scenario. Yes, you would have 180days of whatever PP protection that PP deemed appropriate but no realistic way of overturning any PP decision if PP did not agree with your claim (unlike S75 that is legally enforceable in UK), plus there is no PP-exclusive warranty under any circumstances, unlike S75.
Also consider that any official Samsung warranty (or any other manufacturer's warranty) is always gesture of goodwill and unenforceable if Samdung disagrees with your issue - warranty decline may be more likely if Samdung sees an escape route via the slightest hint of grey import / non-standard purchase route.
Random recent WC deal that sadly debates plagiarism rather than the merits of the deal / supplier: hotukdeals.com/dea…603
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 20:27

HK-based Wowcamera claims to supply all Samsung devices with "2 Year …HK-based Wowcamera claims to supply all Samsung devices with "2 Year Official Samsung UK Warranty", no import fees etc. Maybe check if the prices are competitive to EGC. But, and it's a big but: WC does not accept direct credit card payment so no undisputable route to the benefits of S75 CC protection. However, payment is accepted via PayPal so you may be able to successfully present the concept that a PP purchase wholly funded via CC does meet S75 qualification, but expect a battle with the CC co in that scenario. Yes, you would have 180days of whatever PP protection that PP deemed appropriate but no realistic way of overturning any PP decision if PP did not agree with your claim (unlike S75 that is legally enforceable in UK), plus there is no PP-exclusive warranty under any circumstances, unlike S75.Also consider that any official Samsung warranty (or any other manufacturer's warranty) is always gesture of goodwill and unenforceable if Samdung disagrees with your issue - warranty decline may be more likely if Samdung sees an escape route via the slightest hint of grey import / non-standard purchase route.Random recent WC deal that sadly debates plagiarism rather than the merits of the deal / supplier: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-samsung-galaxy-s10-128gb-8gb-ram-2-years-official-samsung-uk-warranty-at-wowcamera-578-3233603

Thanks Andy for all your help. I found one via tobydeals. On enquiring about it, i came to know its a sister site for EGC. S10+ for £588 was the cheapest.. so took a plunge. Paid via credit card for the extra protection. Let the waiting game begin..
vassy2i07/10/2019 20:54

Thanks Andy for all your help. I found one via tobydeals. On enquiring …Thanks Andy for all your help. I found one via tobydeals. On enquiring about it, i came to know its a sister site for EGC. S10+ for £588 was the cheapest.. so took a plunge. Paid via credit card for the extra protection. Let the waiting game begin..

OK. Who was the processor for the CC payment at tobydeals?
And if you can make a note for next few days could you please post the transaction description that appears on the credit card statement, thanks.
For casual ref:
EGC CC payment processor is Worldpay via a Worldpay-hosted page at: payments dot worldpay dot com
EGS CC statement purchase description is: "Eglobalcentral.UK, London".
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 21:25

OK. Who was the processor for the CC payment at tobydeals? And if you can …OK. Who was the processor for the CC payment at tobydeals? And if you can make a note for next few days could you please post the transaction description that appears on the credit card statement, thanks. For casual ref: EGC CC payment processor is Worldpay via a Worldpay-hosted page at: payments dot worldpay dot comEGS CC statement purchase description is: "Eglobalcentral.UK, London".

Sure.. i think i saw worldpay.. but can confirm this once it appears on the statement.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants