Is it safe to go out under the eat out 50% off scheme?

Posted 10th Aug 2020Edited by:"misa426"
I am a bit confused the government is trying to promote people going out to restaurants but at the same time they have told us we must wear masks for public transport so coronavirus obviously still a very big threat so is it safe for us to go out to restaurants like harvester with a 50% off?
Community Updates
Top comments
Think for yourself Its a tricky time and no one can advise as depending on where you live where you go and how your health is it can be subjective.

Book a table and speak to the venue for the quiet times to mitigate risk but irregardless you can always come into contact with someone who is assymptomatic
41 Comments
Think for yourself Its a tricky time and no one can advise as depending on where you live where you go and how your health is it can be subjective.

Book a table and speak to the venue for the quiet times to mitigate risk but irregardless you can always come into contact with someone who is assymptomatic
Put the 50% off to one side and ask is it safe to go out at all. I think it is as long as the appropriate safety measures are taken and you stick to the rules
Will be OK as Havester service is generally too slow to serve passengers on a bus.
Going out is always a risk the virus is still out there
Depends entirely on your own health issues and personal comfort.
Good question is that but it has to be your call. . Every single thing we do has an element of risk attached - look at driving a car for instance, I guess its all about how you personally look at risk and how comfortable you feel. Shouldn't come as any surprise that coronavirus is still a very big threat . It hasn't gone anywhere.
I think everyone’s personal circumstances are different and only you as an individual can decide what level of risk you are willing to take.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 10th Aug
Everyone’s circumstances are different, but maybe go somewhere you could eat outside to minimise risk and ease yourself into going out to eat? Especially whilst we have this lovely weather.
Would I risk getting ill for a 50% Harvester discount? No.
Yes, it's a tricky time etc and ultimately your decision.
Life's too short..... Unless you have an underlying condition that you are concerned about then go out and enjoy life. If you're fit and healthy you'll be fine. More chance of getting run over
The difference is on a bus you may be in close contact with someone for a long period of time. In a restaurant you'll have a few short visits by a member of staff, who may be wearing a mask. The bus is a lot riskier.

However, if you are at risk, you need to consider what level of risk is worth it for you. Probably only slightly riskier than a trip round Tesco's.
Hey @misa426 we’ve been out a couple of times, once to a fast food chain to grab lunch, and once to a lovely local restaurant. We felt comfortable and ‘safe’ in both. As all previous comments, only you yourself can decide if it is something you would like to do, but my personal experience so far has been nothing but enjoyable. We’re off to a chain tomorrow evening - all our fave locals are now booked up! - and based on my previous experiences, I would hope that I do not have to be concerned. Their website has been updated with comprehensive info and new procedures they have in place too, which also reassures me.
It's interesting to see so many replies about how it's up to you and depends entirely on your level of risk, and nothing about how there's also a factor of spreading the virus further which affects other vulnerable people too (even if you're relatively safe).
I’ve just got back From My local pub/restaurant. Good experience me the wife and two kids .Had to pre book a table , all The bar was screens off and not allowed to stand at the bar ect .

Booking another place again for next week
Edited by: "ashmac" 10th Aug
I’ve been out few times for breakfast! And dinners , Using the offers and it’s pretty organise. But if you don’t feel safe then stay in I guess.
lyesbkz10/08/2020 19:10

It's interesting to see so many replies about how it's up to you and …It's interesting to see so many replies about how it's up to you and depends entirely on your level of risk, and nothing about how there's also a factor of spreading the virus further which affects other vulnerable people too (even if you're relatively safe).

But if vulnerable people are that vulnerable then they should shield and wait for this vaccine cure that will never appear. The whole lockdown and measures in place now will have a much worse long term effect than the virus

It's interesting to see so many replies about how it's up to you and …It's interesting to see so many replies about how it's up to you and depends entirely on your level of risk, and nothing about how there's also a factor of spreading the virus further which affects other vulnerable people too (even if you're relatively safe).

It's intimated as we need to assume people are at least not completely stupid.
The question was answered at the moment of creation as most people know the answer to questions they pose and simply seek validation.
What did you expect a journey toward vindication?

The virus isn’t going away, probably ever. People have to go out sooner rather than later.

Also rather than making a point how a point was absent why not make the point yourself?
I am operating as normal with the addition of wearing a mask when I need to, keeping away from people where possible and washing/sanitising my hands often. I don't even think about it, the points above are ingrained so they are just part of the new normal and I go out and do what I want to do with no worry at all, not that I ever have been worried about it. Just got to get on with it however you see fit.
Rusty8210/08/2020 20:38

I am operating as normal with the addition of wearing a mask when I need …I am operating as normal with the addition of wearing a mask when I need to, keeping away from people where possible and washing/sanitising my hands often. I don't even think about it, the points above are ingrained so they are just part of the new normal and I go out and do what I want to do with no worry at all, not that I ever have been worried about it. Just got to get on with it however you see fit.

I think this is how you’ve got to be. People can’t stay away from it forever. It started with one person catching it and spreading it worldwide. Theoretically if one person still has it in the world it could blow up again. It will just gradually get weaker over time and will just be a new common disease in circulation.
Kratos6910/08/2020 20:47

I think this is how you’ve got to be. People can’t stay away from it for …I think this is how you’ve got to be. People can’t stay away from it forever. It started with one person catching it and spreading it worldwide. Theoretically if one person still has it in the world it could blow up again. It will just gradually get weaker over time and will just be a new common disease in circulation.

Yes, just got to do your best while still living your life. You can't hide from it, it's here, got to live with it best you can and get on with your life.
If you feel the need to ask, then deep down, you know the answer
I went Ilford Lane today in London, there are number of restaurants on the road, all had people queing outside in the scorching heat (2pm)
rimalpatel00710/08/2020 21:22

I went Ilford Lane today in London, there are number of restaurants on the …I went Ilford Lane today in London, there are number of restaurants on the road, all had people queing outside in the scorching heat (2pm)

Some of the queues are unlike anything I've ever seen so anyone saying we have to return to normal soon, well this is not normal Monday- Wed behaviour. I'm avoiding. I can go on Thursday- Sunday when it'll be very quiet
Edited by: "Gollywood" 10th Aug
Gollywood10/08/2020 21:21

If you feel the need to ask, then deep down, you know the answer

It’s unsafe. Loads of pickpockets about.
Gollywood10/08/2020 21:24

Some of the queues are unlike anything I've ever seen so anyone saying we …Some of the queues are unlike anything I've ever seen so anyone saying we have to return to normal soon, well this is not normal Monday- We'd behaviour. I'm avoiding. I can go on Thursday- Sunday when it'll be very quiet

I found it hard to get a table for lunch today, places were fully booked or a 2 hours wait

The dine inscheme is obviously very popular but I’m guessing restaurants won’t have as many tables open due to social distancing.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 10th Aug
Would you still go out if the lure of 50% off your meal wasn't there, is this what's tempting you out in this pandemic
10.5 million meals have been claimed in the first week, what happens after August are people still going to visit those restaurants, I doubt it very much.
richp10/08/2020 22:32

Would you still go out if the lure of 50% off your meal wasn't there, is …Would you still go out if the lure of 50% off your meal wasn't there, is this what's tempting you out in this pandemic (confused)10.5 million meals have been claimed in the first week, what happens after August are people still going to visit those restaurants, I doubt it very much.

Depends. Beefeater are running an offer where if you swipe their loyalty card in August you get money off in September. Restaurants need to think smart to get some people coming back.

Sure, there will be a dip - but there always is in the business from August to September in general.
It was worst in Mac Donald’s but everyone is acting normal. In fact people are paying full price in drive through lol

Iv used it 4 times now and 5th time tomorrow. It’s a con to eat but I can’t resist
georgeb10/08/2020 19:05

Life's too short..... Unless you have an underlying condition that you are …Life's too short..... Unless you have an underlying condition that you are concerned about then go out and enjoy life. If you're fit and healthy you'll be fine. More chance of getting run over

Unless of course you are in regular contact with people who are not fit and healthy.
It's not about one person, it's about who that person engages with.
Misslovely10/08/2020 23:22

It was worst in Mac Donald’s but everyone is acting normal. In fact people …It was worst in Mac Donald’s but everyone is acting normal. In fact people are paying full price in drive through lolIv used it 4 times now and 5th time tomorrow. It’s a con to eat but I can’t resist

You'll get faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Gollywood11/08/2020 00:32

You'll get faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Yes I know but what can I do .
dufflecoat_moon_turkey10/08/2020 23:24

Unless of course you are in regular contact with people who are not fit …Unless of course you are in regular contact with people who are not fit and healthy.It's not about one person, it's about who that person engages with.

That's true. My point is that 99% of us are having to limit our lives and lose jobs to protect a small proportion. Surely safeguard should be put in place for them only and let the rest of us and our children lead a normal life
georgeb11/08/2020 07:10

That's true. My point is that 99% of us are having to limit our lives and …That's true. My point is that 99% of us are having to limit our lives and lose jobs to protect a small proportion. Surely safeguard should be put in place for them only and let the rest of us and our children lead a normal life

In a population of around 67 million there are over 8 million carers.
1% of the population being at risk is a little optimistic.
dufflecoat_moon_turkey11/08/2020 09:43

In a population of around 67 million there are over 8 million carers.1% of …In a population of around 67 million there are over 8 million carers.1% of the population being at risk is a little optimistic.

But those careers are likely to be fit and healthy so even if they get the virus they may be asymptomatic. The majority of people with the virus will probably have no symptoms
But the people they are caring for will likely not be fit and healthy.
dufflecoat_moon_turkey11/08/2020 10:47

But the people they are caring for will likely not be fit and healthy.

And use ppe. Apparently face masks protect from everything
Post a comment
@
    Text