is it safe to keep fireworks at home

Found 4th Nov 2009
planned to stock up on fireworks for next year
but partner say is dangerous to stock at home
is it true?

15 Comments

No lol

unless your keeping them in the oven?

I wouldn't. Is it worth the risk perhaps with kiddies in the house, or after a drunken night out?

Unless someone farts on it

i had a pack of 4 firebombs in the utility kitchen for over a year...

unless u plan to light them in there or have them anywhere near an ignition source, should be just fine.

keep them in a carboard box and make sure its not a damp area otherwise they'll be useless next year!

The fireworks i will be using tomorrow are those that i had left over from last year:)

Banned

best to store them in a metal containor somewher well out of reach of little hands,

It depends how many you are storing.

There are all sorts of rules about how many fireworks can be stored in one place.

But ALL fireworks could be considered dangerous and I would agree with your wife, overall it is dangerous and should be done.

See this document

phoenixfireworks.co.uk/pdf…pdf

"The manufacture and storage regulations also require anyone storing more than 5 kg net of explosive to either register with their local authority or, for larger quantities, obtain a licence (see Contacts for further information)".

Just found out on the web that storing fireworks in your house could invalidate your house and contents insurance if you need to claim at some point.

Video here (American) about storing fireworks at home.

Only short but well worth a watch

ehow.com/vid…tml

keep them in the garage you will be fine

mine are in the garage, bought today and was scared all the way home in the car,,,lol

wickedteen;6783756

keep them in the garage you will be fine

Yes with all the petrol, oil, paint and other flammable material.

No wonder there are so many house fires.

guilbert53;6784136

Yes with all the petrol, oil, paint and other flammable material.No … Yes with all the petrol, oil, paint and other flammable material.No wonder there are so many house fires.

hmm dont forget the leave a naked flame next them, wot a ****!!!

Original Poster

thanks for the advice
i will just store a bit then (less than 5kg)

guilbert53;6784136

Yes with all the petrol, oil, paint and other flammable material.No … Yes with all the petrol, oil, paint and other flammable material.No wonder there are so many house fires.

All that stuff that is in there daily anyway? yeah those massive fires that just magically break out because you keep flammable materials! use some common sense and it will be fine...

metal box, locked or out of reach of children and keep it in a dry place...the health and safety culture in this country has gone mad recently.

personally id just buy them next year fireworks to me at least seems to be one of those things that constantly drops in price...

JaYy_dOg;6783551

Unless someone farts on it

Does your farts emit sparks?!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60626
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201777

See more discussions