Is It Safe To Put My Tumble Dryer In The Cupboard?

Posted 10th Apr 2019
I'm planning on getting a condenser tumble dryer. Unfortunately due to constraints within my rented flat, there is no room for one in the kitchen. I'm wondering if putting one in a cupboard that is 76 x 60 x 208cm would be ok?

Does anyone have theirs in a cupboard in the hall or under the stairs? If so, have any of you experienced issues due to this?

Thanks folks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
No probs assuming he/she is not claustrophobic.
12 Comments
As long as it’s a condenser type and you leave the door open, it would be ok. I’ve got mine in a cupboard standing on top of the washing machine and have no problems.
As mentioned leave door open during use it needs air to come in and out
I had one in a cupboard for years without any issues
Is it a dishwasher as in title or a condensing tumble dryer your asking about?
esar27 m ago

Is it a dishwasher as in title or a condensing tumble dryer your asking …Is it a dishwasher as in title or a condensing tumble dryer your asking about?

Same thing I was wondering.lol
AndyRoyd7 h, 9 m ago

Reminds me of a joke:

How you turn the dishwasher on?

Answer is a little to rude though.
Good luck trying to find one that will fit in that cupboard space. It will be wedged in tight so not a good idea
Edited by: "chocci" 11th Apr 2019
Haha it’s definitely a tumble dryer. No idea why I typed dishwasher.

Thanks for the advice folks. My
Concern was overheating with it being such a confined space. The plan was to leave the door open and open windows in the house when in use.
Patty3752 m ago

Haha it’s definitely a tumble dryer. No idea why I typed dishwasher. ( …Haha it’s definitely a tumble dryer. No idea why I typed dishwasher. Thanks for the advice folks. MyConcern was overheating with it being such a confined space. The plan was to leave the door open and open windows in the house when in use.

opening the windows wont make any difference.
Oh. I thought extra cold air venting into the cupboard would be a good idea.
chocci8 h, 43 m ago

Good luck trying to find one that will fit in that cupboard space. It will …Good luck trying to find one that will fit in that cupboard space. It will be wedged in tight so not a good idea

Exactly. Many Washing Machines and Tumble Dryers manufacturers fail to mention that it's inadvisable to place their white goods into a confined space. Doesn't matter if they are built and designed for this requirement. Unfortunately ALL white goods produce low frequency noise that if confined into a tight space, the resultant vibrations will transfer through the floors (especially laminate), floors and the kitchen units.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants