CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor

Motherboard: p9x79 pro

Ram: 64 gb kingston hyperx dd3

SSD/HDD: 2 ssd, 1 hd

GPU:

GTX670-DC2-4GD5

PSU: store.antec.com/hig…tml

Chassis: fractal design r2

Started Heros and Generals and it crashed and then my computer would start hanging every now and then...

Updated windows 10 to latest 1909 update and things started even MORE funny...

My screen looks like this now...

I downgraded to windows 10 1703, and now to windows 7. Also tried HDMI and port DVi or something to HDMI but problems stays...

Is it time for a new graphics card ??

THanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Have you tried another display?
Try taking the card apart, well the bit that provides the cooling anyway and put some new thermal paste on
Its Christmas, treat yourself to a new i9-9900x
Toon_army24/12/2019 17:20

Its Christmas, treat yourself to a new i9-9900x

That’s not a graphic card
Vencurse24/12/2019 17:38

That’s not a graphic card

Oh I thought the OP meant is it time for a new PC! I'd have blamed the drink but I'm tea total so might need my ears checked
Toon_army24/12/2019 18:11

Oh I thought the OP meant is it time for a new PC! I'd have blamed the …Oh I thought the OP meant is it time for a new PC! I'd have blamed the drink but I'm tea total so might need my ears checked

A geordie t total? I’ll believe it when I see it
Arto24/12/2019 18:29

A geordie t total? I’ll believe it when I see it

Drink and chocolate t total ha. I atually put a picture of an advent calendar I was bought, opened the doors but no chocolate ate, people said no chance could I last 24 days without eating some

39487437-BbUhW.jpg
I wouldn't upgrade only the graphics card with that. I'd be looking to replace the entire thing
Maximum RAM for that CPU is 32GB. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card driver.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 24th Dec 2019
Toon_army24/12/2019 18:35

Drink and chocolate t total ha. I atually put a picture of an advent …Drink and chocolate t total ha. I atually put a picture of an advent calendar I was bought, opened the doors but no chocolate ate, people said no chance could I last 24 days without eating some [Image]

Did you eat from the back?
Arto24/12/2019 19:28

Did you eat from the back?

No but my lass might have, I'll have to check, shes a ninja and more than likely done a sneaky trick like that
Toon_army24/12/2019 19:30

No but my lass might have, I'll have to check, shes a ninja and more than …No but my lass might have, I'll have to check, shes a ninja and more than likely done a sneaky trick like that

I used to do it to my brothers as a kid and refill it will smart price chocolate
RiverDragon824/12/2019 19:27

Maximum RAM for that CPU is 32GB. Have you tried uninstalling and …Maximum RAM for that CPU is 32GB. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card driver.

Didn't had any issue related to ram for last 5-6 years
What's the cheapest card I could buy...
Hunt_Deal_Hunt24/12/2019 19:33

Didn't had any issue related to ram for last 5-6 years

I'm saying your CPU supports up to 32GB of RAM, not 64GB you stated. Have you tried to reinstall your GPU driver.
It's the wrong CPU model anyway, the 3770k wasn't compatible with X79 boards so it's likely a 3930k or similar.

That'd mean that unlike the 3770k there's no integrated graphics to try.

Visual artefacts do suggest that graphics card is a strong possibility, especially with the same symptoms across two different operating system.
Cisco06060625/12/2019 16:50

Get a cheap card from CEX for …Get a cheap card from CEX for testinghttps://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sgraatihd64501gb&categoryName=graphics-cards-pci-e&superCatName=computing&title=ati-radeon-caicos-hd-6450-1gbhttps://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sgragefor7401gba&categoryName=graphics-cards-pci-e&superCatName=computing&title=nvidia-geforce-gt-730-1gb

Excellent idea as i don't play many games now, thanks
First thing. Take the card out and reseat it back in your machine. It could be as simple as a bad connection. (Wishful thinking probably)
If you do get a new card. Compared to a 670 most things these days from a GTX1050ti upwards will be an upgrade, while saving a lot of power.
Sure looks like bad GPU …. any corruption on the BIOS screen.
Can't match that motherboard though, a p9x79 is a different socket.

A card that beats the current one starts around £50-ish at CEX, if you don't want to spend too much... keeping with Nvidia (Kepler series)...
GTX 770 2GB - £50 - is 24% faster by Userbench
GTX 780 3GB - £75 - is 84% faster by Userbench, and has 50% more VRAM

A GTX 970 (Maxwell chipset) at £90 is more advanced DX12 FL12 vs DX12 FL11 and more power efficient, but scores versus the 780 depend on optimization.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions