Expired

Is it too early to ask for a gift receipt for christmas?

Found 23rd Aug 2013
Hi all. I get paid next week so hoping to get my christmas shopping out the way before the big rush, but is it too early to ask for a gift receipt for christmas? Thanks if anyone can help =)

1. Ask
  2. Christmas
11 Comments

Yes, any shop could go bust in that time so you would be throwing your money away.
Put your money away somewhere you can forget about it and dont buy until the last moment.
As the last few years all the sales will start in December as well.

When a shop goes bust the liquidators DONT honour gift cards or gift receipts, all guarantees are worthless so its a big risk.

googley2

Yes, any shop could go bust in that time so you would be throwing your … Yes, any shop could go bust in that time so you would be throwing your money away.Put your money away somewhere you can forget about it and dont buy until the last moment.As the last few years all the sales will start in December as well.When a shop goes bust the liquidators DONT honour gift cards or gift receipts, all guarantees are worthless so its a big risk.

Until what you want becomes sold out / delivery after xmas date....

gift receipt not gift voucher.....i would speak to the shop assistant and explain its a Christmas present and they will mark your receipt with something maybe.... Doesn't hurt to ask if it's possible

no

start about november

Original Poster

googley2

Yes, any shop could go bust in that time so you would be throwing your … Yes, any shop could go bust in that time so you would be throwing your money away.Put your money away somewhere you can forget about it and dont buy until the last moment.As the last few years all the sales will start in December as well.When a shop goes bust the liquidators DONT honour gift cards or gift receipts, all guarantees are worthless so its a big risk.

Its not really about the money, I just hate shopping when its so busy. Thanks

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l

gift receipt not gift voucher.....i would speak to the shop assistant and … gift receipt not gift voucher.....i would speak to the shop assistant and explain its a Christmas present and they will mark your receipt with something maybe.... Doesn't hurt to ask if it's possible

Thanks ill probly ask before hand

I'd say its too late!

Think it's a bit early for that. Ability (normally) to return a product within 14 days of purchase I think it's more than generous. To say can I own this for 4 months and then return it for a full refund(or perhaps credit note)it's IMO over the top and bit disrespectful for shop owners. If they couldn't see actual margins for another 4-5months( ie time until Xmas is basically over) they could sell everything, get it all returned and be bust(extreme example). Plus you could get this, wear it for 4-5 months then return it.

Christmas is not near, we haven't even reached autumn...let alone winter.

There Is no harm in asking but truthfully if I was the clerk I wouldn't be sure if you were serious or not. Society is moving like this I suppose, Easter eggs appear after Xmas , why not christmas gift receipts in summer.
Edited by: "dav465" 23rd Aug 2013

Gift receipts, like normal receipts, tend to only valid for the return period of that store ie usually between 14 and 30 days.
They won't extend it usually because by December they will have a whole different range of products on their shelves.

If you want to start preparing for Christmas either buy things you know will be spot-on or put money into a bank account each month to help with the shopping nearer the time.

sickly sweet

Gift receipts, like normal receipts, tend to only valid for the return … Gift receipts, like normal receipts, tend to only valid for the return period of that store ie usually between 14 and 30 days.They won't extend it usually because by December they will have a whole different range of products on their shelves.If you want to start preparing for Christmas either buy things you know will be spot-on or put money into a bank account each month to help with the shopping nearer the time.

this

Shops start recruiting for Christmas staff in August. They start employing them from September. with this in mind I think if you explain they are for Christmas when you buy them the shop assistant can ask their manager if they can mark the gift receipt in a certain way. It never hurts to ask...what's the worst that could happen?
Post a comment
@
    Text