Groups

is it true you can get copied blu rays?

have they got the same quality hd and hd sound etc?
    i used to have a lot of copied dvds but ive started a good blu ray collection but never knew about copied blu rays

9 Comments

Original Poster

Chiptivo;7148747

Yes, but blank Blue rays are very expensive at the … Yes, but blank Blue rays are very expensive at the moment.http://www.dvdshoponline.co.uk/25GB_Recordable.html

will they work on the ps3? and the excact same quality
    cheers for the link mate

tonico;7148753

will they work on the ps3? and the excact same qualitycheers for the link … will they work on the ps3? and the excact same qualitycheers for the link mate

Yes for Video if the guy has used a Blue Ray as the source.

Not for games, PS3 can not read backup games.

Original Poster

Chiptivo;7148757

Yes for Video if the guy has used a Blue Ray as the source.Not for games, … Yes for Video if the guy has used a Blue Ray as the source.Not for games, PS3 can not read backup games.

It is interesting. as long as the proper Blu Ray has been ripped and burnt as a proper HD blu ray, it should be identical.

I see a large variation on costs of disks, around £9 each is what I remember them to be, and the decent ones are. But on the link I see a cake pack of 10 for £15 which is very cheap.

I can see why people may use standard DVD and maybe upscale them onto backups...

I will wait for someone who knows more than me to come along I think..

As mentioned above, the disks are still too expensive. I would recommend going to [url]www.cex.co.uk[/url] for cheap blurays.

BD-ROMs for desktops/laptops are affordable now but the BD-RW's are still at the £100+ point really for most manufactures.

The biggest alternative right now is x264 standard on 720p and 1080p releases usually 1.1gb for a 40minute tv episode to 4-12gb 1080p or 3-6gb 720p films but this requires special equipment like WD HD Player or PopCorn Player hooked up to a TV or a decent computer to play them.

It'll be a good few years before BD Players can play HD.x264 like DVD Players can play XviDs

schizoboy;7148970

As mentioned above, the disks are still too expensive. I would recommend … As mentioned above, the disks are still too expensive. I would recommend going to [url]www.cex.co.uk[/url] for cheap blurays.BD-ROMs for desktops/laptops are affordable now but the BD-RW's are still at the £100+ point really for most manufactures.The biggest alternative right now is x264 standard on 720p and 1080p releases usually 1.1gb for a 40minute tv episode to 4-12gb 1080p or 3-6gb 720p films but this requires special equipment like WD HD Player or PopCorn Player hooked up to a TV or a decent computer to play them.It'll be a good few years before BD Players can play HD.x264 like DVD Players can play XviDs

x264 would usually come in a MKV container. The files can very easily and quickly be converted into a PS3 compliant MPG file using MKV2VOB.

This is how I watch the majority of my HD stuff on the PS3

Original Poster

thanks for the info rep left to all i will continue to buy the real blu rays

Banned

I wonder if in places like Singapore, Hong Kong and Bali they are just saying "You won DVD" and not "Blu Ray Mista"?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764150
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213612
      3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335655
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2283

See more discussions