Is it Woolworths Friday today or something?

Found 4th Jul 2008
Eh? Eh?

30 Comments

What do you mean?

Original Poster

The ridiculous amount of individual Woolworths deals being posted.

:giggle: Bit like U WISH deals!!

EDIT : "Looks @ front page" - hmm see what you mean!

Original Poster

KELLY 'N' STEVE;2453075

:giggle: Bit like U WISH deals!!

Yeah, I've done a few of those lately, but the Woolworths ones are taking the P slightly! :w00t:

Maybe a woolworths newsletter has just gone out, or they've just had a price update?

Happens.

Only 7 deals from them on 1st page when I just looked :-D

But people could calm it down a bit!

Yeah, I've just had a "proper" look. :-D

Original Poster

hellfire;2453128

Only 7 deals from them on 1st page when I just looked :-D

Well the thread listing everything has just made the hot page...unlike the majority of the separate deals. That sends a clear message, IMO! :whistling:

It wouldn't be so bad if the deals weren't misleading with the reduction being offered - the Woolworths site says their original price, and even though most of the stuff has already been reduced and these are just further reductions, they still say "WAS" the higest price. False advertising really!

BristolDeal;2453154

Well the thread listing everything has just made the hot page...unlike … Well the thread listing everything has just made the hot page...unlike the majority of the separate deals. That sends a clear message, IMO! :whistling:It wouldn't be so bad if the deals weren't misleading with the reduction being offered - the Woolworths site says their original price, and even though most of the stuff has already been reduced and these are just further reductions, they still say "WAS" the higest price. False advertising really!

Guess you didn't quite catch the sarcasm then.

Yeah I know lowest form of wit n all that

hellfire;2453128

[SIZE="5"]Only 7[/SIZE] deals from them on 1st page when I just looked … [SIZE="5"]Only 7[/SIZE] deals from them on 1st page when I just looked :-D

:whistling::giggle:

Original Poster

KELLY 'N' STEVE;2453194

:whistling::giggle:

There are 3, and one of them is expired. :whistling::-D

BristolDeal;2453208

There are 3, and one of them is expired. :whistling::-D

Heh, if you expired it there'll be trouble. :roll:

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;2453224

Heh, if you expired it there'll be trouble. :roll:

No, I didn't! The cheek of it. It's a Wii Fit one from yesterday. :-D

Lol. Yeah, I've been and checked.

Not entirely sure what to do... there's been 46 woolworths deals in 2 hours.

duckmagicuk2;2453253

Not entirely sure what to do... there's been 46 woolworths deals in 2 … Not entirely sure what to do... there's been 46 woolworths deals in 2 hours.

You don't have to do anything, the tosh will fall out of sight soon enough.

duckmagicuk2;2453253

46 woolworths deals in 2 hours.

That must be some sort of record for any merchant! Are these from just a few posters or lots of different posters?

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;2453253

Lol. Yeah, I've been and checked.Not entirely sure what to do... there's … Lol. Yeah, I've been and checked.Not entirely sure what to do... there's been 46 woolworths deals in 2 hours.

In my humble bumble opinion...the fact that the thread listing all the deals has made the hot page, whereas almost none of the individual deals has says a lot about what users like to see. I'd get rid of any of the deals posted AFTER that big thread was started, where they're about something that's already in there. And maybe also deals where they have been posted before and could have been bumped and updated (though that would be a bit of a slog).

But what do I know? :-D

Original Poster

harlzter;2453276

That must be some sort of record for any merchant! Are these from just a … That must be some sort of record for any merchant! Are these from just a few posters or lots of different posters?

One or two eager beavers mainly.

Original Poster

thesaint;2453275

You don't have to do anything, the tosh will fall out of sight soon … You don't have to do anything, the tosh will fall out of sight soon enough.

That's true. Just unfortunate that it could bury lots of other things posted before it. (No, not just the things I posted today! :w00t: )

harlzter;2453276

That must be some sort of record for any merchant! Are these from just a … That must be some sort of record for any merchant! Are these from just a few posters or lots of different posters?

Loads of different people. Just been discussing it with Amibees. We *could* remove them but it'll sort itself out with hot/cold votes o the "good" individual deals and the bad individual deals.

:thumbsup:

BristolDeal;2453290

That's true. Just unfortunate that it could bury lots of other things … That's true. Just unfortunate that it could bury lots of other things posted before it. (No, not just the things I posted today! :w00t: )

True, I dont usually venture into deals much at all these days, but when I do I check the "hottest today" box to make sure im not missing out on stupendous deals, some of the multitude of woollies ones will cripple that feature.

duckmagicuk2;2453253

Lol. Yeah, I've been and checked.Not entirely sure what to do... there's … Lol. Yeah, I've been and checked.Not entirely sure what to do... there's been 46 woolworths deals in 2 hours.

[SIZE="4"]46 in 2 hours![/SIZE]
Thats just stupid!!

Lets do a gang spam!!!:giggle:

harlzter;2453308

True, I dont usually venture into deals much at all these days, but when … True, I dont usually venture into deals much at all these days, but when I do I check the "hottest today" box to make sure im not missing out on stupendous deals, some of the multitude of woollies ones will cripple that feature.

No, as I say... the individual woolies deals will only get voted hot if they're decent. They're more likely to dilute the voting on each other a little bit to be honest. :thumbsup:

BristolDeal;2453290

That's true. Just unfortunate that it could bury lots of other things … That's true. Just unfortunate that it could bury lots of other things posted before it. (No, not just the things I posted today! :w00t: )

I know what you mean, but if it were the same products from different retailers, would it make any difference?

At least it buried my Nintendo DS deal from being voted on, it hit minus 41 within minutes. :roll:

Original Poster

KELLY 'N' STEVE;2453312

[SIZE=4]46 in 2 hours![/SIZE]Thats just stupid!!Lets do a gang … [SIZE=4]46 in 2 hours![/SIZE]Thats just stupid!!Lets do a gang spam!!!:giggle:

We're havin' a gang spam, we're havin' a ball, we're havin' a gang spam, gonna spam them all... :w00t:

(Note to mods: I'm not planning a gang spam)

thesaint;2453344

I know what you mean, but if it were the same products from different … I know what you mean, but if it were the same products from different retailers, would it make any difference?

Hmm i see your point!!

OMG whats matter bristol not enough tesco deals for you?? are you never happy unless your complaining , first it was my grammar then someone else's spelling and now where all the bargains are today.
DID YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE GET PAID TO ME A MYSTERY SHOPPER AND COMPLAIN TO SEE HOW COMAPNIES LIKE [COLOR="Red"]TESCO[/COLOR] HANDLE THESE ISSUES.
Seems be the perfect job for you Miss perfect

Original Poster

DIVA1977;2453354

OMG whats matter bristol not enough tesco deals for you?? are you never … OMG whats matter bristol not enough tesco deals for you?? are you never happy unless your complaining , first it was my grammar then someone else's spelling and now where all the bargains are today.DID YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE GET PAID TO ME A MYSTERY SHOPPER AND COMPLAIN TO SEE HOW COMAPNIES LIKE [COLOR=red]TESCO[/COLOR] HANDLE THESE ISSUES. Seems be the perfect job for you Miss perfect

http://www.geocities.com/vibestothemax/chill_pill.jpg

thesaint;2453344

I know what you mean, but if it were the same products from different … I know what you mean, but if it were the same products from different retailers, would it make any difference?

That's a good point. If Woolies are cheaper than anywhere else then good for them!! :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text