Is it worth buy mabook pro 13in (2012) for £240

Posted 19th Mar
Its refurbished with 500gb hd (not an issue since i got 860 evo ssd collecting dust), i5 2.5ghz
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
No
Yes
Maybe.
I second that
Won't be supported with the latest OS upgrades.
Can't you hackintosh i.e 6th Gen i5 windows laptop for less.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 19th Mar
Is it one with a disc drive or the retina model?

I have the disc drive version and they’re brilliant machines and my friends that work in IT swear by them, in terms of easy to replace parts, but they rarely go faulty.

It also depends if you get a warranty with them.

My MacBook Pro is from about 2012 but I’ve put a 512GB SSD in and it’s got 16GB RAM. It’s still fast and reliable and quite a beast. Only hiccup I’ve had was installing an OS once and I just returned to the previous OS.
Mr.Nutts19/03/2020 15:20

Is it one with a disc drive or the retina model?I have the disc drive …Is it one with a disc drive or the retina model?I have the disc drive version and they’re brilliant machines and my friends that work in IT swear by them, in terms of easy to replace parts, but they rarely go faulty.It also depends if you get a warranty with them.My MacBook Pro is from about 2012 but I’ve put a 512GB SSD in and it’s got 16GB RAM. It’s still fast and reliable and quite a beast. Only hiccup I’ve had was installing an OS once and I just returned to the previous OS.

Its the disc drive one. I already own top end 2014/15 model but needed a spare one.

Its out of stock now but keeps coming back
I_Wish19/03/2020 14:39

Can't you hackintosh i.e 6th Gen i5 windows laptop for less.

Feel like it will be alot of hassle
xPabloz19/03/2020 15:23

Its the disc drive one. I already own top end 2014/15 model but needed a …Its the disc drive one. I already own top end 2014/15 model but needed a spare one. Its out of stock now but keeps coming back

£240 isn’t too bad, I don’t think.

But why do you NEED a spare? And does it have to be a MBP?
Mr.Nutts19/03/2020 15:25

£240 isn’t too bad, I don’t think.But why do you NEED a spare? And does it …£240 isn’t too bad, I don’t think.But why do you NEED a spare? And does it have to be a MBP?

For a family member (college). The reason i prefer the mpb is because of macOS, camt go back to anything else. If there were no options it would be windows 7.
xPabloz19/03/2020 15:30

For a family member (college). The reason i prefer the mpb is because of …For a family member (college). The reason i prefer the mpb is because of macOS, camt go back to anything else. If there were no options it would be windows 7.

Sounds like you know what you want. If it’s just the price you’re unsure of, check CEX online and check eBay auctions that are ending soon.
Mr.Nutts19/03/2020 16:01

Sounds like you know what you want. If it’s just the price you’re unsure of …Sounds like you know what you want. If it’s just the price you’re unsure of, check CEX online and check eBay auctions that are ending soon.

Yeah, I’m pretty bad when it comes knowing how much something is actually worth.
I second that
it really depends on what you want it for. With an SSD, it'll be perfectly fine for lighter use, internet browsing, some photo editing, streaming video, stuff like that.
lolmonster8819/03/2020 18:48

it really depends on what you want it for. With an SSD, it'll be perfectly …it really depends on what you want it for. With an SSD, it'll be perfectly fine for lighter use, internet browsing, some photo editing, streaming video, stuff like that.

It will only/mainly used for streaming and Microsoft office
xPabloz19/03/2020 19:08

It will only/mainly used for streaming and Microsoft office

Then yeah, pop the ssd in and itll last for a while.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants