Is it worth buying a WII U to play 90% of the time on the controller?

Found 5th Jul
Hi,

***Stupid question Alert***

With all the deals I was seeing for the WII U I was thinking of buying one. However i would end up prob playing it mainly on the controller screen rather than the TV. My question is, will this be worthwhile for most games, or is it really stupid as the games are way better to be played with a tv rather than watching them through the controller?

Thanks in Advance,
G
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Sounds like it's more down to your personal preference. It's not the best screen and colours come out a little duller on the controller, but I remember I used to like the controller to be more relaxed rather than sitting up for the TV. It did the job at the time but might not hold up, especially against a switch if you have/use one in the same way.
I'm only 99% sure but not all games can be played on the small screen, e.g Lego City Undercover needs the TV and the controller.
The Wii U is a brilliant console and many of the best games are going cheap now so it's definitely worth grabbing... playing on the screen is brilliant but not all games support it.
IS there a way to know which games do / don't support it?
I bought one from game late last year when they were on offer then and think they are great for this.

It’s great if the Mrs wants to watch something on the telly whilst I can play on the Wii with the screen on the controller.

When she’s not around I can have it on the big screen so the flexibility is great.

The only downside with the refurbs is that the battery in the controller is guaranteed to be bad for holding a charge and I haven’t found anywhere else to buy a good quality replacement.

I purchased a new 3rd party one from amazon that deteriorated very quickly too.
Edited by: "karlypants" 5th Jul
karlypants3 h, 10 m ago

I bought one from game late last year when they were on offer then and …I bought one from game late last year when they were on offer then and think they are great for this.It’s great if the Mrs wants to watch something on the telly whilst I can play on the Wii with the screen on the controller.When she’s not around I can have it on the big screen so the flexibility is great.The only downside with the refurbs is that the battery in the controller is guaranteed to be bad for holding a charge and I haven’t found anywhere else to buy a good quality replacement.I purchased a new 3rd party one from amazon that deteriorated very quickly too.

You can buy the official Wii U high capacity battery on Amazon for £21.10 at the moment. It's very easy to fit.
If you mod it there is an app to run any game on the Gamepad, supported or not, it flips the signal to the opposite of the default.

gbatemp.net/thr…26/
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 5th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants