Is it worth buying from John Lewis rather than Curry's?

Found 13th Apr
I've often seen people recommend John Lewis as they have a two year warranty and good customer service. My microwave has broken and since it has to fit a 50mm cabinet there's no choice. One Neff one which are the same price at both stores with 2 year guarantees.Curry's can deliver on Sunday whilst JL will be about a week, which is why I'm unsure. Any one got any opinions? Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments
JL used to be good. Before Andy whatsisname outsourced the CS and crapped on the customers. Good place to see goods. Expensive place to shop unless you get the 10% discretionary discount senior floor walkers can give
The advantage of John Lewis (as I see it ) is that they give a 2 year (at least) warranty on all electrical goods and they will price match any high street price . That is a useful extra however other chains such as Richer sounds are now doing this too (Currys /Argos still not doing it) .

I should buy it from one of the many Chinese sellers on here so beloved by incentivised HUKD members . You will get it cheaper and don't have to worry about warranty or customer service as you know before you buy that both are non existent .
Edited by: "rogparki" 13th Apr
Richer sounds are pretty good
rogparki13th Apr

The advantage of John Lewis (as I see it ) is that they give a 2 year (at …The advantage of John Lewis (as I see it ) is that they give a 2 year (at least) warranty on all electrical goods and they will price match any high street price . That is a useful extra however other chains such as Richer sounds are now doing this too (Currys /Argos still not doing it) .I should buy it from one of the many Chinese sellers on here so beloved by incentivised HUKD members . You will get it cheaper and don't have to worry about warranty or customer service as you know before you buy that both are non existent .

2 years on electricals and 5 years on TVs
Yeah i had a similar question, going to purchAse iphone 8 soon, not sure from JL (2 year warranty) or from very (cheaper, interest free payments)
I think you can get cashback with Currys on Topcashback but not John Lewis. Also easier to find voucher codes for Currys.

If you get the same warranty with Currys then I would just get it from them quicker and get some cashback too.
Edited by: "hearts22" 14th Apr
with John Lewis my experience has been that they rarely try and repair but give you a refund without hassle which can be annoying if you bought the product heavily discounted but at least you've got your money back. Not had much experience of Currys im afraid
CraigBrass4 h, 7 m ago

Richer sounds are pretty good

They do Microwave ovens?
Gollywood6 h, 22 m ago

They do Microwave ovens?

ao.com

brilliant service and good prices having used them twice
Cant trust currys not to try wriggle out of a 12 months guarantee let alone a 24 month one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants