Groups

Is it worth it??

Hi. I've been reading this forum for years now and was thinking about how much stuff I actually have too sell. Old mobiles., DVD's, an old laptop, PS2 etc etc. Is it worth me trying to flog any of it on here.

I'm not sure how to do it but I have some time off work and could figure stuff out for myself but how much actually gets sold and is it worth the hassle?

I'm not sure how you would go about paying or recieving funds, I had an old paypal account once upon a time but that is prob dead now.

So the question is would anyone want things like old mobiles, a laptop which the screen doesn't work etc etc?? And is it worth me getting all this stuff together to sell? Or shall I justdo what I usually do and bin it

13 Comments

List it. cant hurt. be sure to provide pics and offer collection. you may find someone who is local and willing to collect and pay cash. one mans junk is another mans treasure.

If you skint then have a go at selling it a little time could net you some extra cash but you will probably do what i do bin it.

Original Poster

I'm not skint but if i can get some dosh for it then I'll have a go like.

What do most people use for payments etc...

waterloo;4514761

If you skint then have a go at selling it a little time could net you … If you skint then have a go at selling it a little time could net you some extra cash but you will probably do what i do bin it.

Lol you dont have to be skint to sell your old goods. Could be just to save space or if you dont use them anymore.

J4GG4;4514823

Lol you dont have to be skint to sell your old goods. Could be just to … Lol you dont have to be skint to sell your old goods. Could be just to save space or if you dont use them anymore.

You don't have to give me a lesson on selling mate i was only just saying ?

hrobo77;4514788

I'm not skint but if i can get some dosh for it then I'll have a go like. … I'm not skint but if i can get some dosh for it then I'll have a go like. What do most people use for payments etc...

paypal and bank transfer are most popular.

hrobo77;4514788

I'm not skint but if i can get some dosh for it then I'll have a go like. … I'm not skint but if i can get some dosh for it then I'll have a go like. What do most people use for payments etc...

Paypal gift.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

I know this is going to sound stupid but what is a bank transfer and paypal gift?

Sorry. I know i sound pretty duh!

hrobo77;4515692

Thanks everyone. I know this is going to sound stupid but what is a bank … Thanks everyone. I know this is going to sound stupid but what is a bank transfer and paypal gift? Sorry. I know i sound pretty duh!

Bank transfer = You go into a bank and transfer the money to the sellers account.
    Paypal gift = You pay via paypal as a gift no fees to pay.

waterloo;4517962

Bank transfer = You go into a bank and transfer the money to the sellers … Bank transfer = You go into a bank and transfer the money to the sellers account.Paypal gift = You pay via paypal as a gift no fees to pay.

Or just do BT online like I do Queues at my local are usually out the door at lunch!

I'm still not sure this is the best place to trade . . . . . . .

Joke - check the feedback . . . . :lol:

AberBargoed;4518052

Or just do BT online like I do Queues at my local are usually out the … Or just do BT online like I do Queues at my local are usually out the door at lunch!

Yes even better if you bank online :thumbsup: and i never go to our bank its always jam packed at all times central London.

Why don't you try ebay(in addition to HUKD obviously), these will definitely sell over there. I once sold my laptop on ebay which had cracks all over except screen because I sat on it by mistake :oops: I even posted the pics and mentioned the problems. As somebody said, junk of somebody is treasure of somebody else.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions