Expired

is it worth selling a ring in need of repair on here.

17 replies
Found 7th Aug 2009
hi all just want to know would it be worth selling a ring on here that is 9ct gold with 1/2 carat of diamonds in need of repair worth selling on here i am only asking because i would need a quick sale and dont want to put it on here for sale if it wouldnt be worth it as i would have to put it on ebay of which if i list it on here i wouldnt be able to put it on ebay for another week as its againest hotukdeals rules and i need a quick sale so want to know basically would i get a sale on here or not.

to all the heavys this post is not to sell the ring it is for advice only and would not sell the ring on this post but if i decide to sell on here i would do a for sale post thankyou.

17 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Now you've started this thread then a quick sale is out of the question as you can't list here till 7 days after this thread is locked i'm afraid.

Original Poster

Syzable;5956193

Now you've started this thread then a quick sale is out of the question … Now you've started this thread then a quick sale is out of the question as you can't list here till 7 days after this thread is locked i'm afraid.

oh whys that i thought that i was ok unless i did a for sale post.

More details needed?
what type of repair?
How are the 1/2 carat of diamonds split?

Sloth/Mod

greyparrot;5956201

oh whys that i thought that i was ok unless i did a for sale post.

No........if you start any type of thread about it in Misc it's counted now as well. It's classed as drumming up interest.

Can't you take it down the high street and sell it?

Gold sells easily.

My cousin took some of her old jewellery to a shop last Thursday and got £100 for it

Original Poster

harlzter;5956206

More details needed? what type of repair? How are the 1/2 carat of … More details needed? what type of repair? How are the 1/2 carat of diamonds split?

it is a full 1/2 carat altogether in one stone the repair is that the diamond has come out of the ring and needs putting back in maybe would need a couple of new claws to hold it in place.

Original Poster

Butterflies;5956211

Can't you take it down the high street and sell it?Gold sells easily.My … Can't you take it down the high street and sell it?Gold sells easily.My cousin took some of her old jewellery to a shop last Thursday and got £100 for it

thought of that one but the problem is there is alot of places that just give you the scrap gold value not for the diamond so i would get peanuts doing it that way.

Couldnt you edit the op above to a "for sale" post and ask the mods to move it to the right section? - Worth a try i suppose

Original Poster

MANJ_007;5956269

Couldnt you edit the op above to a "for sale" post and ask the mods to … Couldnt you edit the op above to a "for sale" post and ask the mods to move it to the right section? - Worth a try i suppose

dont know if i am allowed to do that i think they would have me lol.

I'm interested now, meh, have to wait a week for the for sale thread!

Original Poster

tessb;5956324

I'm interested now, meh, have to wait a week for the for sale thread!

well yeah i will have to ask for this to be locked and wait unfortuantly.

Original Poster

Butterflies;5956211

Can't you take it down the high street and sell it?Gold sells easily.My … Can't you take it down the high street and sell it?Gold sells easily.My cousin took some of her old jewellery to a shop last Thursday and got £100 for it

just letting you know i have just rung my local pawnbrokers and i would have to pay £10 to get a claw put in and then they would let me sell to them the stone value for pawning it would of been £88 plus the gold weight we are talking about a £500 ring here cant be bothered if i could of done a for sale thread on here i would of let it go for £70 but hey oh.

Yes people seem to go crazyyyy for gold on here.Good luck x

Sloth/Mod

greyparrot;5956352

just letting you know i have just rung my local pawnbrokers and i would … just letting you know i have just rung my local pawnbrokers and i would have to pay £10 to get a claw put in and then they would let me sell to them the stone value for pawning it would of been £88 plus the gold weight we are talking about a £500 ring here cant be bothered if i could of done a for sale thread on here i would of let it go for £70 but hey oh.

If you can get more at the pawnbrokers then why would you sell it here for less.

Original Poster

Syzable;5956389

If you can get more at the pawnbrokers then why would you sell it here … If you can get more at the pawnbrokers then why would you sell it here for less.

because i would have to wait for it to be sent off to be repaired before i could sell it to them i needed a quick sale if someone got it for £70 and paid for the repair then they would have a decent ring for cheap and i would get the £70 quick. oh well not alot i can do at the moment but i have asked a mod for there advise with selling it on here so i am awaiting there replie.

Original Poster

yep i will have to wait seven days so now need to get this locked.

Expired and closed as requested, thanks for noting the seven day relist rule.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Coming up to bonfire night ...1215
  2. EA shuts down Visceral Games.713
  3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710977
  4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769284

See more discussions