Is it worth spending £100 on a chair?

Found 8th Jun
I'm thinking getting this
ebay.co.uk/ulk…821 but is it worth it? is it really that comfortable? i do have a sore back though lol.

if someone could find me a better alternative than the one i linked then i will give you a internet kiss
Community Updates
Top comments
The internet is brilliant but you can only tell if something is comfortable by actually sitting in it. What might suit one person may not suit you.
11 Comments
deleted396333
Yes.
The internet is brilliant but you can only tell if something is comfortable by actually sitting in it. What might suit one person may not suit you.
Most are fine. Posture is the main problem for most people as we tend to hunch and round our shoulders too much.
Saying that my mother in law had terrible back problems which turned out to be caused by a shallow hip socket. It was something she was born with so didn't know there was a problem.
If your doing a decent stint at your desk a good chair is worth every penny and more. But I wouldnt bother with the internet you need to test with your own backside as its o personal, ala Psycho's comment.
Depends on what you want the chair for. The one you have selected looks comfy to sit on, but looks uncomfy to spend a whole day working from it. I've had one of these for 15 years or so, which makes most 'office chairs' comfy for me.

Back Friend
Never buy a chair you haven’t sat on.
Never mind about how good the chair is, how good are your internet kisses!
I wouldn't expect a fancy electronic chair that cheap to be much good, I'd say it's definitely not worth saving the money here unless you only use it occasionally.
I've had that chair. It was comfy but did not last long before all the stuff started ripping.
OP try and keep an eye out for any bargain finds from brands like Herman Miller, Humanscale, Steelcase or HAG, every now and again they pop up cheap, usually sold by companies who don't realise the value.

E.g I picked up a Herman Miller chair, which list price is about £1100 for £200. Still a lot of money for a chair and crazy money new, but the amount of time I spend in mine its worth it and my back certainly appreciates it after a 8-12 hr stint.

If your budget and patience wont stretch I would go the IKEA route.
That chair doesn't look very ergonomic - I have had trouble with my back since I was 16, you want one that has decent back support.

Something like this and it's only £38, but not sure how good this particular one is, given the price: ebay.co.uk/itm…Agg

Or ebay.co.uk/itm…yRw
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants