Is it worth the risk of buying 3rd Party phones from Amazon?

Found 27th Mar
I'm interested in buying a 3rd party Samsung S8+, S9 or S9+ from Amazon. Maybe a "used like new customer return" for the S8+ as an alternative.
I'm guessing the cheaper ones that are on sale maybe come from Italy or some another Euro country and probably aren't covered by a Samsung UK warranty.

If anything goes wrong in the first 30 days, I am still covered by Amazon's 30 day return policy i.e. can I deal with Amazon and not the 3rd party for the return?
Or would you just stick to official UK phones?
I'm going to root it at some point and trip knox, so maybe worrying about a warranty is pointless.

I don't really want a second hand one, due to the battery being used for up to a year.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Root?
Original Poster
AW00791 h, 41 m ago

Root?

Rooting your phone allows you to install, run and gain extra access on/to the phone's OS, that you can't normally.
I think on Apple devices, it's called Jailbreaking.
Edited by: "Derek_Horatio_Shatwell" 27th Mar
If it's FBA Amazon handle returns. If not, you have to deal with the seller (though you are still covered under the A-Z guarantee if anything goes wrong).
Original Poster
jamie01555 m ago

If it's FBA Amazon handle returns. If not, you have to deal with the …If it's FBA Amazon handle returns. If not, you have to deal with the seller (though you are still covered under the A-Z guarantee if anything goes wrong).

Thank you very much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants