Groups
    EXPIRED

IS it worthing getting a PS3 just to play the exclusives?

Thinking of getting a PS3 to play the likes of Resistance 2, KZ2 , MSG , and any other well known exclusive, i'd be getting a 2nd hand one for around £150.

Thanks

33 Comments

Worth it just for Uncharted.

Original Poster

Also, is 40gb enough memory?

£150 is very expensive. got a number for the person selling it? lol

Nick_;5708233

Also, is 40gb enough memory?

Enough for what?

Original Poster

enough for doing standard things on a ps3. £150 isnt expensive mate, 2 controllers are included

Nick_;5708269

enough for doing standard things on a ps3, £150 isnt expensive mate..

lol im jokin. £150 is a great deal. go for it.

"IS it worthing getting a PS3 just to play the exclusives?"

No, ps3s simply aren't as good for gaming as the 360.

Media wise, they're awesome though.

grex9101;5708296

"IS it worthing getting a PS3 just to play the exclusives?"No, ps3s … "IS it worthing getting a PS3 just to play the exclusives?"No, ps3s simply aren't as good for gaming as the 360.Media wise, they're awesome though.

Opinion, but I prefer the ps3 exclusives over the 360 exclusives.

taz12345;5708401

Opinion, but I prefer the ps3 exclusives over the 360 exclusives.

Opinion again.

I would argue that the following:

Halo 3
    Fable 2
    Crackdown
    Left4Dead
    Mass Effect
    Project Gotham Racing 3/4

Are better than LBP,MGS,GT et al

Not a fanboi, just an opinion. :thumbsup:

Don't forget you're getting a blu-ray player

Tazzer;5708606

Don't forget you're getting a blu-ray player

+1

I wouldn't buy one for exclusives alone. If you were in the market for a Blu-ray player too, it would be a no-brainer to pick one up for £150.

hell yes.

blu-ray, usb with movies straight on the ps3. im loving it (o:

good deal ghostbusters aswell at the moment for ps3 red faction prefered resistance 2 more than killzone 2 every console has good and bad points you choose for what you want

go for it u wont regret it

Also you have vidzone service for free which lets you watch a large selection of music videos for free.

To be honest i have both the 360 and ps3 and i by far enjoy the ps3 exclusives more than the 360s.

Honestly Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 are worth it alone to get a PS3

Banned

lots of brilliant exclusives on a ps3

uncharted - woth getting a ps3 just for this

LBP

infamous - best game this year imo

uncharted 2

MGS4 - although I didnt like this at all

Killzone 2

RFOM1 & RFOM2

Disgaea 3

Motorstorm

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

you cant go wrong for £150.

ps3 cause not only do you get the aforementioned gaming but, played avi's stored on the hard drive, played ripped blurays stored on a hard drive (awesome) and indeed the bluray player itself. overall, much ,much better multimedia machine. HOWEVER, if you already have a 360, a blurayplayer, a media centre pc, then you have more money than sense to be buying more! (and you dont need it) If that is the case, buy it for 150 and flog it for a profit!

theres some great exclusives on the PSN to download to like warhawk which is a huge game, pain, GTI club, pixel junk games series, wipeout HD. i think M.A.G. will be a PSN exclusive too.
    and having a web browser on it too.
    i got a 360 as well and never even turn it on anymore.

do it

Xb0xGuru;5708664

I wouldn't buy one for exclusives alone. If you were in the market for a … I wouldn't buy one for exclusives alone. If you were in the market for a Blu-ray player too, it would be a no-brainer to pick one up for £150.

The PS3 isn't a great Blu-Ray player, if that was all you were after then the Panasonic BD60 (or even the old BD35) runs rings around it.

banthedrummer;5709194

usb with movies straight on the ps3

The 360 does this as well.

taz12345;5708401

I prefer the ps3 exclusives over the 360 exclusives.

Comparing the exclusives is futile unless you are choosing which of the consoles to buy, if you already own one console and are considering buying the other then the only comparison to make is between playing the exclusives or doing nothing.

kungfu;5711015

ps4 is out next year dont bother

Artard, the PS4 will not be a reality until at least 2012 at the earliest.

Is it worth getting it for the handful of exclusives, as of right now it's a tough call. Only LBP offers a significantly different game to what you can get elsewhere.

Is it worth owning one now for games and exclusives yet to come, Yes it is.

I've had mine since launch (60gb with backwards compatibility) and although I mainly play on the 360 (as everybody else I know has one) I can't say I've been dissapointed with the PS3 as it has done it's job admirably and I'm sure will continue to do so for many years to come.

That and The Last Guardian just looks really, really, ****ing, sweet

Banned

kungfu;5711015

source?

what people are forgetting is that this is £150 with 2 controller.s The OP could join lovefilm free for 3 months, play all the exclusives and sell it for the same or probably more. Or better still, sell the 360.

no brainer if you ask me.

keeyop;5710997

The PS3 isn't a great Blu-Ray player, if that was all you were after then … The PS3 isn't a great Blu-Ray player, if that was all you were after then the Panasonic BD60 (or even the old BD35) runs rings around it.The 360 does this as well.Comparing the exclusives is futile unless you are choosing which of the consoles to buy, if you already own one console and are considering buying the other then the only comparison to make is between playing the exclusives or doing nothing.Artard, the PS4 will not be a reality until at least 2012 at the earliest.Is it worth getting it for the handful of exclusives, as of right now it's a tough call. Only LBP offers a significantly different game to what you can get elsewhere.Is it worth owning one now for games and exclusives yet to come, Yes it is.I've had mine since launch (60gb with backwards compatibility) and although I mainly play on the 360 (as everybody else I know has one) I can't say I've been dissapointed with the PS3 as it has done it's job admirably and I'm sure will continue to do so for many years to come.That and The Last Guardian just looks really, really, ****ing, sweet

kungfu;5711015

From what I know there's a 10year life-cycle with PS3, so nothing next year and 2012 is no no as well What I think is that they will bring slim version of PS3 ... well I think the story will be along the lines of PS2

Xpenny;5711651

From what I know there's a 10year life-cycle with PS3, so nothing next … From what I know there's a 10year life-cycle with PS3, so nothing next year and 2012 is no no as well What I think is that they will bring slim version of PS3 ... well I think the story will be along the lines of PS2

Life-cycle and release-cycle are two different things.

The PS2 has a 10 year life cycle but Sony operate a 5 year release cycle (well, close enough!). It's to allow console generations to overlap.

Xpenny;5711651

From what I know there's a 10year life-cycle with PS3, so nothing next … From what I know there's a 10year life-cycle with PS3, so nothing next year and 2012 is no no as well What I think is that they will bring slim version of PS3 ... well I think the story will be along the lines of PS2

What I mean is you will not see any announcement or acknowledgement about one until 2012 (which will probably be the year the next xbox itteration is revealed).

all I know is that if any company were to release one before 2012 then 3rd part support would be non-existant (or so say Bethesda, E.A., Activision, etc)

Original Poster

bumping this back up

Two words.
    HELL YEAHH!!!!
    I recently bought one and loved it.
    I prefer the PS3 exclusives over the 360 exclusives anyday!! (I've got both not a fanboy)

What's the point, you're dying....gradually.

Abvance;5716125

What's the point, you're dying....gradually.

what? :?
    NOO SNAKEEEEEEEEEEE

csiman;5711278

source?.

drunk geezer down the pub said its common knowledge :thumbsup:

Banned

kungfu;5726251

drunk geezer down the pub said its common knowledge :thumbsup:

must be true then :thumbsup:

I barely use mine for games but it's well worth it for the BD player and the fact you can check emails and stuff via the browser.

can 360 play ripped bluray files in true hd like the ps3?

hmmm, didn't think so....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions