Is it worthy to repair a suitcase?

Posted 5th Feb
In my last trip, they smashed my suitcase. Anyone tried to repair something like this ?
It is annoying as this was a replacement they send me and it was the first trip i used it

3401351-KoABR.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Surely the airline / airport / luggage handlers would be responsible for replacing this?
Diggsy05/02/2020 08:58

Surely the airline / airport / luggage handlers would be responsible for …Surely the airline / airport / luggage handlers would be responsible for replacing this?

Good luck with that.There is more chance the fairies coming in the night to repair it,
Yes. BUT. Only if you claim before you leave the baggage hal. Today, they will say the damage occurred after leaving the baggage hall.

always, always, always check a bag as soon as it arrives in the baggage hall. The cameras will provide video evidence in your favour if you do.
Edited by: "ccnp" 5th Feb
Depends on the airline but we had great success claiming from BA for a damaged suitcase.
Buy luggage with super sticky out wheels & that is what happens.
Have had the same wheeled luggage for 20 years buy quality it lasts longer.
I once claimed to have my suitcase repaired after it had been damaged.
It had it's own taxi to Manchester Airport, a flight to Dallas, Texas, to be repaired and the flight and taxi back home again.

The ungrateful suitcase didn't even send me a postcard from the Big D
It's unworthy.
Go carboot sale and buy another one for under £5. Or try local charity shops.
ccnp05/02/2020 09:30

Yes. BUT. Only if you claim before you leave the baggage hal. Today, …Yes. BUT. Only if you claim before you leave the baggage hal. Today, they will say the damage occurred after leaving the baggage hall.always, always, always check a bag as soon as it arrives in the baggage hall. The cameras will provide video evidence in your favour if you do.

Wont they throw this claim between origin and destiny airport?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants