Groups

is jersey part of uk? (channel islands)

hi thanks for any replies in advance, i may be thick but i didnt think it was but is jersey, channel islands part of the uk please??

23 Comments

Original Poster

darren9030;7085875

Yes love - it sure is :-D

but ive looked all over google and it says its not?

Yessum I'm pretty sure Jersey is owned by Britain.... lemme check xx

Original Poster

Neither Jersey nor Guernsey are part of the United Kingdom or the European Union, in common with the Isle of Man they are 'Crown dependencies'.

Are there teams in the English football pyramid? No, theres your answer.

Like the Isle of Man, Jersey is a separate possession of the Crown and it is not a part of the United Kingdom.[9] Jersey has an international identity which is different from that of the UK,[10] although it belongs to the Common Travel Area[11] and the definition of "United Kingdom" in the British Nationality Act 1981 is interpreted as including the UK and the Islands together.[12] The United Kingdom is constitutionally responsible for the defence of Jersey.[13] Jersey is not a full member state of the European Union although it is included in the customs territory of the European Community.[14]

--- Google.

So I guess it's owned by Britain but not actually part of the UK xx

Original Poster

adrian96;7085929

lol

Original Poster

but on the royal mail website it says that jersey is over seas and not apart of the united kingdom. so im just going to take it as its not apart of the uk thanks all

sarahjane1988;7085970

lol

Rude, I fail to see the humour in that.:?

Original Poster

adrian96;7086010

Rude, I fail to see the humour in that.:?

let me off i support chelsea too

sarahjane1988;7086041

let me off i support chelsea too

:lol:

When i lived there back in 2000 it was part of the uk isle's...you can use our money there but not Jersey money here. You didnt need a pass port to travel there either. Why do you ask?

adrian96;7085929

dont make much sense, scotland, ireland n wales are part of the uk but not the english football pyramid

Tracey6101;7086195

When i lived there back in 2000 it was part of the uk isle's...you can … When i lived there back in 2000 it was part of the uk isle's...you can use our money there but not Jersey money here. You didnt need a pass port to travel there either. Why do you ask?

sarahjane1988;7086008

but on the royal mail website it says that jersey is over seas and not … but on the royal mail website it says that jersey is over seas and not apart of the united kingdom. so im just going to take it as its not apart of the uk thanks all

Prob posting hamsters to someone

Not part of the UK, but are part of the British Isles (but that means very little). Also not part of the EU.

Hamsters...i must of missed something there:?

Tracey6101;7087144

Hamsters...i must of missed something there:?

OP made a thread other day moaning that her hamsters only sold for £81 on ebay when they normally go for around £90, then when people moaned at her she said she didnt sell any hamsters then they did then they didnt then said they were gonna buy loads and sel them all on ebay and make loadsa money and the rest of us were losers

was funny

haha this sounds really funny to me as i have no idea what these ''hamsters'' are either like a Rabbit from anne summers?? or the real thing?? then im worried if you can sell live animals on ebay?? :-D

Off to go google hamsters.........:roll:

Just noticed too...90 bucks for a hamster what they gold or something???

Original Poster

ilovepink;7086563

Prob posting hamsters to someone

pink dont get on your high horse again!! and no im not actually my friend asked me and we was debating about it.

anyway i didnt buy those hamsters, i phoned up my argos store in the morning and gave them all the codes and they went back on the shelf.

The Channel Islands including Jersey, Guernsey etc. are amongst the few places where you can still buy Duty Free Goods in Europe, they are not part of the EU.

Jersey and Guernsey are special territories.
    They are not part of the EU or UK.
    Special customs procedures apply if you exporting anything there.

HTH

Banned

ilovepink;7087277

OP made a thread other day moaning that her hamsters only sold for £81 on … OP made a thread other day moaning that her hamsters only sold for £81 on ebay when they normally go for around £90, then when people moaned at her she said she didnt sell any hamsters then they did then they didnt then said they were gonna buy loads and sel them all on ebay and make loadsa money and the rest of us were loserswas funny

well funny - she was such a loser :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions