Is jgadget4u.com legit?

Found 4th Oct 2017
Has anyone every used this site?
Looks to have some items cheap like the OP5 but I assume it's too good to be true.
Found it on here via the search, it was the top link for OP5. (Not a posted deal though)

jgadget4u.com

I was tempted to go for the Samsung S8, but not sure how established this website is?

Has anyone used them before and if so ever encountered problems?
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
26 Comments

If it’s too good to be true it usually is ... make your own mind up scamadviser.com/che…com personally I would avoid it like the plague.

They have paypal logo but don’t accept it; although you can use a credit card just in case. However, as mentioned above, it’s not advisable to take the risk unless you don’t mind waiting for your money to be returned back to you.. lol eventually and hopefully

This is the website of the address they give, what do you think. setupacompany.co.uk

Hi All...
I bought the dji spark from jgadgets before properly checking them out! I know...
anyway... just got home from work... and it has arrived... full UK version all bits as promised...
so there’s your answer... ps: I payed with PayPal so I wasn’t to hard on myself

just to add for you more sceptical!
it came from Japan...in about about 2 week... so not quite what it stated on the website.
but I saved £160 on the flymore... I still used PayPal to give me a little security...
Edited by: "stuart.beardmore" 4th Nov 2017

stuart.beardmore2 h, 40 m ago

Hi All...I bought the dji spark from jgadgets before properly checking …Hi All...I bought the dji spark from jgadgets before properly checking them out! I know...anyway... just got home from work... and it has arrived... full UK version all bits as promised...so there’s your answer... ps: I payed with PayPal so I wasn’t to hard on myself

because this doesn't look suspicious at all

Well i payed for my Nikon camera on the 23 oct by paypal the tele phone number for the company who took tha number was not usable the company that took the money happy concepts is in a small office file in nottingham I visited it and rung them they say they will get back to me the transport co DPD say that they have not collected my item albeit there is a tracking code which is useless so we shall see I intend to pursue as far as poss the managing director and the company formation is available on companies house free search the company is 5 months old

i bought the dji more fly combo a week ago and just like jacques.trickett i received a tracking number from dpd but they have said they have not received the package yet. i checked my emails and at the bottom of the order confirmation email i got from jgadget4u.com there was a small text link asking me to confirm my address. I clicked that and it took me to a page saying thanks for confirming the delivery address etc ...

I emailed them a day before i found the request to confirm my address and asked where my drone was and havent had a reply back yet. i think i might contact paypal and let them know whats going on. Im seriously not happy right now.

david.winship10th Nov

i bought the dji more fly combo a week ago and just like jacques.trickett …i bought the dji more fly combo a week ago and just like jacques.trickett i received a tracking number from dpd but they have said they have not received the package yet. i checked my emails and at the bottom of the order confirmation email i got from jgadget4u.com there was a small text link asking me to confirm my address. I clicked that and it took me to a page saying thanks for confirming the delivery address etc ...I emailed them a day before i found the request to confirm my address and asked where my drone was and havent had a reply back yet. i think i might contact paypal and let them know whats going on. Im seriously not happy right now.

Hi Dave... my experience was Exactly the same... I never got a reply from any emails! I also raised it as a case with PayPal... even then I didn’t get any reply’s
So I was at that point... I think about 2 weeks in... and kicking myself...
so eventually I was gob smacked when it arrived! So hopefully you will get it soon.
PPS: the Spark is awesome
cheers
stuart

My experience same as Stuarts. Ordered Samsung S8 (G950FD) on 3rd November; arrived yesterday morning, all vacuum packed and sealed. They even threw in an extra genuine Samsung travel adaptor though there was a UK one in the box!. Checked IMEI and S/N on IMEI sites and all OK. Checked KNOX and all fine. Migrated from S5 all fine. No issues and working AOK.

Yes, the status messages are stupid and I am sure designed so you think something is happening in the UK, whereas in fact I am sure what is happening is everything is shipped from Hong Kong. I personally have no issue in sourcing from HK when I am after international versions of product like the G950FD is.

So it's a genuine pukka version for almost half the UK RRP. Delivered by DPD and no duty.

32431554-9BTFx.jpg

Once I had bought the DJI Spark(at a very reasonable price) from Jgadgets4u, I worried that they might not be kosher. Turns out they are just fine and delivered my drone with no hitch. So, even though they sound too good to be true, they are genuine.

Not very well established, created 6 months ago. whois.com/who…com

If you go through with it. Pay with PayPal. As it's easier to take on a dispute if it goes wrong.

jacques.trickett6th Nov

Well i payed for my Nikon camera on the 23 oct by paypal the tele phone …Well i payed for my Nikon camera on the 23 oct by paypal the tele phone number for the company who took tha number was not usable the company that took the money happy concepts is in a small office file in nottingham I visited it and rung them they say they will get back to me the transport co DPD say that they have not collected my item albeit there is a tracking code which is useless so we shall see I intend to pursue as far as poss the managing director and the company formation is available on companies house free search the company is 5 months old

Did it turn up? If so did it include Nikon warranty card?

I have yet to buy but have been chasing them for some clairty. Here's my latest:

'Dear CS

All I am trying to do is to securely buy a product at the best possible price.

You appear to offer the product but I have NEVER bought a product on line from a business that refuses to give a single name, address and contact telephone number. This is a basic requirement in order to avoid being scammed by fraudulent traders. Even Apple, the largest IT retail company in the world makes addresses and telephone numbers available. Attempting to shroud yourself in a cloak of obscurity does not provide any confidence that you are a legitimate business or that your products are not fakes or faulty. Additionally, reviews are mixed see here (hotukdeals) and here (https://www.productreview.com.au/p/camera-paradise.html).

As you know, your website mirrors that of CameraParadise (http://cameraparadise.com/en/index/index.php). Whois (https://www.whois.com/whois/cameraparadise.com) gives the address as Unit B, 5/F, Kong Nam Ind. Bldg., 603 Castle Peak Rd.,Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong and the telephone +852.24909200. Camera Paradise states that it is 'is an exclusive retail online outlet of Union Camera Hong Kong Ltd.’ You also have a presence on Facebook but again no address although this states, 'Janco Global Logistics' online store JGadget4U.com opens to business!’ Your jgadget4u website has been set up to hide its owners by using intermediary registrant (PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC). Your address in Nottingham does not list you and nor does Companies House, but it does list Happy Concept Ltd which, according to one review, is where PayPal monies route. This Company lists directors as:

YAU SZE YEUNG (current)
Secretary, 2017.05.22
UNIT 1608, TOWER A, MANULIFE FINANCIAL CENTRE 223 KWUN TONG , KOWLOON
HONG KONG
SHIU KIN BALLY BUTT (current)
Director, COMPANY DIRECTOR, 2017.08.30
1 GRIMSBY GROVE , LONDON
E16 2RH
ENGLAND
CHENG HON YAT (current)
Director, 2017.05.22
H5 ASH TREE COURT NOTTINGHAM BUSINESS PARK , NOTTINGHAM
NG8 6PY
ENGLAND'

There is no one of the name Shiu at the London postcode. According to Bloomberg (bloomberg.com/res…asp?personId=102217352&privcapId=403427147) YAU SZE YEUNG is Financial Controller, Company Secretary and Executive Director, Janco Holdings Limited. CHENG HON YAT is Chairman/CEO of the same business.

An American Judge once famously said words to the effect, 'A Little Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant' so let's shed a little sunlight on this crowd and see what turns up.

Very tempted by their prices but understandibly wary!

Stay clear. The "happy customers" signed up to reply to this thread.

Sent an email to this company on 25th November regarding the IPhone 8 and 8 plus.Just replied to advise that " It is international version". Good price for the phones but not sure if they will work in the UK and suppose no Apple warranty cover. Some USA models will work in the UK and vice-versa. No idea about "international" versions.

Sent a further email to Jgadget4U. "All iPhone 8 and 8 plus supports global networks. There is little point to give you a model number because we source globally, I can't ensure it is the same model number that will be send to you" Fair enough but according to Apple,iPhone 8 Model A1905 and iPhone 8 Plus Model A1897 are the models that will work in the UK. The following takes you to the Apple site -apple.com/iph…TE/

Will wait a bit before committing to a purchase.

Should I get insured delivery and what is the difference? Also will my S8 be UK model.

Ordered go pro hero 6 and a spark drone at £880 on the 30th Nov had tracking number from dpd then they said no parcel told me not send from customs clearance ltd phoned them and they said all parcels are held by customs because they are not paying the proper amount duty on on them avoid jgadget4u have to get refund from paypal

i ordered a dji spark and its been 19 days since i ordered it and it still hasnt arrived does anybody know why if so pls reply

Avoid this company at all costs. They initially seem fine, provide you with a response and a dpd text saying parcel on its way. Seems fine. However I call ed dpd and said they have not revived parcel, yet the one correspondence I had from jgadget said dpd were behind because of seasonal backlog!!! Mmmm
Either way £450 gone, two weeks later, no parcel and non responses

Ordered Camera on 3rd of December, got DPD number with statement that parcel never been received by them. Send a few emails ,did not got any reply from jgadgets. so probably it's time to get money back...

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS ORGANISATION! (Unless your happy to wait almost 1 month to get a refund lol)!
I purchase a Samsung S8+ for £504.95 on the 17/12/17. I paid via PayPal. I received an email requesting to confirm the address which i had done. After seeing some of the negative feedback on this company on various websites, i chased my order via email on the 20/12/17, 23/12/17, 02/01/18. I received no response. I raised a dispute via Paypal on the 03/01/18. The seller had 10 days to response, which they didnt. On the 14/01/18 i got a refund via Paypal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions