Is Lewis Hamilton MBE now a Sir????

8 replies
Found 19th Mar 2009
I was talking with my Dad the other day and we got talking about Lewis Hamilton getting an MBE and if this now made him a Sir or not and if it did how rediculous this was.

Due to the fact he has done nothing but his job and get paid loads of money for it, then to top it off he lives outside of UK waters so he doesnt have to pay UK taxes!

If an MBE doesnt make you a Sir what exactly do you have to get to be knighted and be called a sir, i've searched the net and can't see where it states what's what?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Banned

he isnt a Sir no

Apparantly Not
The orders of the British Empire are in order
Knight Grand Cross (GBE) or Dame Grand Cross (GBE)
Knight Commander (KBE) or Dame Commander (DBE)

Commander (CBE)
Officer (OBE)
Member (MBE)
Only the two highest ranks entail admission into knighthood,

Original Poster

crd67;4688929

Apparantly NotThe orders of the British Empire are in orderKnight Grand … Apparantly NotThe orders of the British Empire are in orderKnight Grand Cross (GBE) or Dame Grand Cross (GBE) Knight Commander (KBE) or Dame Commander (DBE) Commander (CBE) Officer (OBE) Member (MBE) Only the two highest ranks entail admission into knighthood,

Thanks for that, thought it would have made a mockery of it all if a 23 year old was now a knight for driving a car and getting paid millions :whistling:
Rep'd :thumbsup:

Check out this ]website for more info on honours.

Original Poster

Jonny_K;4688974

Check out this ]website for more info on honours.

Thanks for that............ rep'd :thumbsup:

Banned

If you have this problem again there is a thing called google and wikipedia... i recommend them lol

You need to have been the former useless Chairman of a failed bank and bring misery on the nation to be called Sir.

to be knighted and therefore to be called sir, you need to shove a lot of money at the labour government
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Aliexpress - To be trusted?810
    2. Driving anxiety.2841
    3. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…821
    4. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread23

See more discussions