Is love free or is that saying "nothing in life is free" actually true?

Found 24th JulEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Hi always of the opinion that nothing in life is free but have heard people say love is, does anyone believe this is true?.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Love is not free , my bank balance would of been a lot better off staying single!
30 Comments
love is indeed free<3
You drunk?
Love is not free , my bank balance would of been a lot better off staying single!
Niixxxy1 m ago

Me or SOUTHWALES?

southwales
malnuman9 m ago

Love is not free , my bank balance would of been a lot better off …Love is not free , my bank balance would of been a lot better off staying single!

You saying us ladies spend all our partners cash??
Edited by: "Niixxxy" 24th Jul
The lack of love (i.e. a divorce) can be very expensive, so perhaps an abundance of love may be freely given.

However,... the phrase...

“If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never meant to be.”

...could be interpreted as...

“If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, one (or both) of you are too cheap."
Niixxxy19 m ago

You saying us ladies spend all our partners cash??

Errrrrm, well not all........ just most if it!
malnuman14 m ago

Errrrrm, well not all........ just most if it!

Haha...thats all men are good for, money!
fanpages32 m ago

The lack of love (i.e. a divorce) can be very expensive, so perhaps an …The lack of love (i.e. a divorce) can be very expensive, so perhaps an abundance of love may be freely given.However,... the phrase...“If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never meant to be.”...could be interpreted as...“If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, one (or both) of you are too cheap."

Is this some sort of subliminal reference to deekys daliance with the mysterious Mrs.C on the cruise ship?
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 24th Jul
Love is about giving and taking.

I give and she takes
Edited by: ".MUFC." 24th Jul
Love isn't free, it's a lot of hard work. I guess that's why romantics keep falling in love and can't commit. There's healthy and unhealthy love and the unhealthy one will make you wake up screaming in a cold sweat
"According to a new survey of 4,000 brides, the average cost of a UK wedding is now a whopping £27, 161 the highest it's ever been and up 9.6 per cent from last year.9 Sep 2017

Think that answers the question! 😏
hottoast3 m ago

"According to a new survey of 4,000 brides, the average cost of a UK …"According to a new survey of 4,000 brides, the average cost of a UK wedding is now a whopping £27, 161 the highest it's ever been and up 9.6 per cent from last year.9 Sep 2017Think that answers the question! 😏

Survey of whom ? Never trust statistics unless you've the formula and data.
Nope - nothings free, it’s just about the commodity it costs. Love costs time and patience... amongst other things!
hottoast49 m ago

"According to a new survey of 4,000 brides, the average cost of a UK …"According to a new survey of 4,000 brides, the average cost of a UK wedding is now a whopping £27, 161 the highest it's ever been and up 9.6 per cent from last year.9 Sep 2017Think that answers the question! 😏

When I got married all it cost me was the bus fare to the Registry Office, 26p as I recall.
hottoast49 m ago

OP didn't ask how much a wedding cost.
Dyslexic_Dog2 h, 43 m ago

Is this some sort of subliminal reference to deekys daliance with the …Is this some sort of subliminal reference to deekys daliance with the mysterious Mrs.C on the cruise ship?

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard, were expecting you
Love, lifes sweetest reward
Let it flow, it floats back to you
Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure
Your mind on a new romance
Love wont hurt anymore
Its an open smile on a friendly shore
Yes love...
Its love...
Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love…
Love is blind and love is bling
Love is not free because you need to buy stuff for him/her and treat them every day/week it's not free it's a headache stay away
sorry to disappoint but there is no such thing as love.
for about first 2 years it is bunch of chemical reactions happening in your brain, after that period it is basically "I'm used to that person so I'll stick around"

Ask yourself a question. how can you measure love? how can you tell who loves who more?
Edited by: "mattsk" 25th Jul
Love, true love, will cost you your life.
No such thing as love, it’s a false concept, you may enjoys someone’s company, find the attractive and so on, but really it’s people are just scared to be alone that’s why people stay in even bad relationships.
Bargainhead5 h, 20 m ago

No such thing as love, it’s a false concept, you may enjoys someone’s com …No such thing as love, it’s a false concept, you may enjoys someone’s company, find the attractive and so on, but really it’s people are just scared to be alone that’s why people stay in even bad relationships.

Most personalities don't feel like that and will run into a fire to save a loved one. Certain personalities won't give a damn though and will only see it as a loss of a resource.
kester763 h, 53 m ago

Most personalities don't feel like that and will run into a fire to save …Most personalities don't feel like that and will run into a fire to save a loved one. Certain personalities won't give a damn though and will only see it as a loss of a resource.

that is actually not true. humans like nearly every other animal will run from danger to save own life irrespective of anything else.
RossD8921 h, 42 m ago

OP didn't ask how much a wedding cost.

Ah...... thank you for pointing that out.

I really appreciate you highlighting the fact that I should have put "Joke" before my comment, as it seems some might have a problem recognising it as such.

No, you are correct, but OP asked if love was one of the things in life that is free.

"Joke".... The quote shows immediately that there is a potential cost in financial terms with the wedding, hence, no, love is not free.

If you love somebody and want to marry, there is a potential cost.

Hope this helps to explain the joke.
Edited by: "hottoast" 25th Jul
mattsk2 h, 40 m ago

that is actually not true. humans like nearly every other animal will run …that is actually not true. humans like nearly every other animal will run from danger to save own life irrespective of anything else.

Got anything to back that up with ?
hottoast3 h, 36 m ago

Ah...... thank you for pointing that out. I really appreciate you …Ah...... thank you for pointing that out. I really appreciate you highlighting the fact that I should have put "Joke" before my comment, as it seems some might have a problem recognising it as such. No, you are correct, but OP asked if love was one of the things in life that is free."Joke".... The quote shows immediately that there is a potential cost in financial terms with the wedding, hence, no, love is not free. If you love somebody and want to marry, there is a potential cost.Hope this helps to explain the joke.

Wow. That was almost as dull to read as your "joke".
Niixxxy24th Jul

Haha...thats all men are good for, money!

You are so endearing of your father and grandfather. So no paternal free love in your life, I see (or you are being economical with the truth).
Edited by: "splender" 27th Jul
kester7624th Jul

Love isn't free, it's a lot of hard work. I guess that's why romantics …Love isn't free, it's a lot of hard work. I guess that's why romantics keep falling in love and can't commit. There's healthy and unhealthy love and the unhealthy one will make you wake up screaming in a cold sweat

someone needs to have a usable assumed definition of "free" before anyone can answer this thread with rigour, because one needs to know is it free or not free; is it a soft free or a hard free.
Edited by: "splender" 27th Jul
Love isn't free and it isn't always good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions