Is Marvel Spiderman PS4 game really a PEGI 16 and is it safe for a 16yr old kid?

Posted 4th Sep 2020
This game was rated PEGI 16 for frequent scenes of moderate violence as per the reviewers. Does this mean it's bad for a 16 year old? Any views on this please?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
27 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Eh it means if you’re 16 & older then it’s okay for you
    Edited by: "deleted1373921" 4th Sep 2020
  2. Avatar
    Bought it for my 7 year old. He loved the first Spider-Man game as well
  3. Avatar
    Absolutely fine. I don't recall any major violent parts in this game at all...
  4. Avatar
    You kidding? I’d regularly play and watch 18 cert films/games when I was 10, probably younger.
  5. Avatar
    Bruh the game is pegi 16 so it's ok for a 16 year old kid what are you confused about
  6. Avatar
    The level of violence is always going to be comparable to a Marvel movie. It would be suicidal to make a Spiderman game that isn't suitable for anyone who's watched the films.

Not a big fan of PEGI's ratings, they're dubious, overly strict and don't have the open-ness that the BBFC do.
  7. Avatar
    you’re breaking necks and cashing cheques, of course it has violence
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Mendoza04/09/2020 23:14

you’re breaking necks and cashing cheques, of course it has violence

Yes there is of course violance , but question is will the level of violance be safe for a 16 year old to handle.
  9. Avatar
    maabus04/09/2020 23:20

Yes there is of course violance , but question is will the level of …Yes there is of course violance , but question is will the level of violance be safe for a 16 year old to handle.

That's the million dollar question.
  10. Avatar

Yes there is of course violance , but question is will the level of …Yes there is of course violance , but question is will the level of violance be safe for a 16 year old to handle.

definitely, especially if they’ve seen the movies
  11. Avatar

The PEGI 16 age rating confirms that the game is appropriate for players of 16.

PEGI considers the age suitability of a game and they stated they believe it is suitable for a 16 year old so yes they should be able to handle it.

You may find this guide helpful were both parents and kids give their opinion on the game and agree it is suitable for 11 plus

commonsensemedia.org/gam…man

41838708-lric5.jpg
    41838708-PhEmx.jpg
  12. Avatar
    Can't tell whether you're asking what a 16 rating means, or whether you're asking for opinions on whether it's "really" suitable for a 16 year old. If it's the former, then it means it's suitable for ages 16 and above.

If the latter, It's not GTA type violence. Its not bloody, gory violence.

A 16 year old can "handle it". It's no more violent than movies of the same type (Marvel). It's probably less violent.

16 is not that young. Give them more credit. They're young adults. They're not buffoons. It's old enough to leave School. They're pretty astute. If you're worried about what amounts to little more than cartoonesque violence, you'd be horrified about the playground.

A lot of them could probably run rings round most people on here. I have feeling that if you're having to ask such a daft question, a lot of them could run rings around you too.
    Edited by: "PAISAL" 5th Sep 2020
  13. Avatar
    deleted137392104/09/2020 22:05

Eh it means if you’re 16 & older then it’s okay for you (ne …Eh it means if you’re 16 & older then it’s okay for you

C’mon, this is a wind up thread?
  14. Avatar
    I don't remember any overly violent parts or nudity in it? I am surprised it is a 16. Sure it has a lot of fighting in it but not any more violent than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that we used to play in the arcades when we were kids?
  15. Avatar
    It's Spiderman!
  16. Avatar
    Author
    AEJE05/09/2020 05:44

The PEGI 16 age rating confirms that the game is appropriate for players …The PEGI 16 age rating confirms that the game is appropriate for players of 16. PEGI considers the age suitability of a game and they stated they believe it is suitable for a 16 year old so yes they should be able to handle it. You may find this guide helpful were both parents and kids give their opinion on the game and agree it is suitable for 11 plushttps://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/marvels-spider-man[Image] [Image]

Thanks very much. Very useful.
  17. Avatar
    Author
    PAISAL05/09/2020 05:47

Can't tell whether you're asking what a 16 rating means, or whether you're …Can't tell whether you're asking what a 16 rating means, or whether you're asking for opinions on whether it's "really" suitable for a 16 year old. If it's the former, then it means it's suitable for ages 16 and above. If the latter, It's not GTA type violence. Its not bloody, gory violence. A 16 year old can "handle it". It's no more violent than movies of the same type (Marvel). It's probably less violent.16 is not that young. Give them more credit. They're young adults. They're not buffoons. It's old enough to leave School. They're pretty astute. If you're worried about what amounts to little more than cartoonesque violence, you'd be horrified about the playground.A lot of them could probably run rings round most people on here. I have feeling that if you're having to ask such a daft question, a lot of them could run rings around you too.

Its a concern of a parent mate.. 😁
  18. Avatar
    My 16 year old daughter has just made a start on Ghost of Tsushima, I have no issues with that. She's also made her way through the Game of Thrones box set with my wife. On the other hand we don't like our 8 year old son accidentally watching Big Bang Theory or Brooklyn 99 when we're watching an episode.

I like how games (and TV/films) are rated and I do find them useful, but in the end it's your child and only you can make the call whether it's suitable.
    Edited by: "slimy31" 5th Sep 2020
  19. Avatar
    slimy3105/09/2020 11:36

My 16 year old daughter has just made a start on Ghost of Tsushima, I have …My 16 year old daughter has just made a start on Ghost of Tsushima, I have no issues with that. She's also made her way through the Game of Thrones box set with my wife. On the other hand we don't like our 8 year old son accidentally watching Big Bang Theory or Brooklyn 99 when we're watching an episode. I like how games (and TV/films) are rated and I do find them useful, but in the end it's your child and only you can make the call whether it's suitable.

can I ask about your decision to not let your 8 year old, watch Big Bang Theory?
  20. Avatar
    maabus05/09/2020 11:04

Maybe watch some gameplay videos on YouTube
  21. Avatar
    Mendoza05/09/2020 12:38

can I ask about your decision to not let your 8 year old, watch Big Bang …can I ask about your decision to not let your 8 year old, watch Big Bang Theory?

The main reason I guess was his first question about it when he did catch an episode... 'daddy, what's coitus?'...
  22. Avatar
    slimy3105/09/2020 13:18

The main reason I guess was his first question about it when he did catch …The main reason I guess was his first question about it when he did catch an episode... 'daddy, what's coitus?'...

ah yes of course, that makes sense

And I assume Brooklyn Nine-Nine for similar reasons, but even more risqué
  23. Avatar

How do you not know the pegi rating or bbfc rating system? i knew it when i was like 6 back in 1988.....
    Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 5th Sep 2020
  24. Avatar
    Mendoza05/09/2020 12:38

can I ask about your decision to not let your 8 year old, watch Big Bang …can I ask about your decision to not let your 8 year old, watch Big Bang Theory?

Because it’s crap.
  25. Avatar

Just make sure you don’t forget to let them breathe. And have the confidence to trust their intellect, especially at that age.
  26. Avatar
    My son played this and he's 5 - There's probably 1 scene in the entire game I thought wasn't appropriate for his age but we talked through it.
  27. Avatar
    let my 7 year old play it and now he's addicted to minecraft
    win some lose some -.-
Post a comment
Discussions
Top Merchants