Groups
    EXPIRED

Is Media Center part of Windows 7 RC1?

I've installed RC1 but can't seem to find the media center anywhere.... what have I done wrong??!

8 Comments

it is part of win7 ultimate you should have it.

Original Poster

Thats what I thought.. there's no shortcut to it anywhere! Any idea where the .exe might be hiding.

EIther that, or i've got some stripped down version from somwhere that doesn't have it on.

Babbabooey;5221204

Thats what I thought.. there's no shortcut to it anywhere! Any idea … Thats what I thought.. there's no shortcut to it anywhere! Any idea where the .exe might be hiding.EIther that, or i've got some stripped down version from somwhere that doesn't have it on.

That may be the case, mine is on the start bar

on vista the process is called ehshell.exe
    it could be the same on win7, try searching for that.

It sounds like you've got the beta, not the RC1 release. It is definitely on the Start menu of the RC1 release (x86 version) . I couldn't comment on the x64 version but I would imagine that it is the Ultimate Edition also.

4leafed;5221263

It sounds like you've got the beta, not the RC1 release. It is definitely … It sounds like you've got the beta, not the RC1 release. It is definitely on the Start menu of the RC1 release (x86 version) . I couldn't comment on the x64 version but I would imagine that it is the Ultimate Edition also.

its been on all the versions.
    maybe not the very early ones though.

Banned

It was on the beta's as well...

Windows Media Centre in the root of the start menu

Original Poster

Lol, do I feel stupid!
    I was RDP into the other (XP) PC, not the one with Windows 7 on it.

oops!
    Cheers all, repped.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.23
      2. One for the mathmeticians2032
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4681417
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941351

See more discussions