is moneysupermarket the best for car insuarnce?

Im needing to renew my car insurance in oct and was wondering if moneysupermarket.com realy finds the bets price??

are there any others worth trying?thanks

18 Comments

I would search the best deals on Money supermarket but then search the individual insurances again through quidco and check the cashback amounts,

More than :thumbsup:

I have used it to see what was available but as Eve C says, check other sites including what would you get with quidco/topcashback and of course check Direct Line!

Eve C;6304429

I would search the best deals on Money supermarket but then search the … I would search the best deals on Money supermarket but then search the individual insurances again through quidco and check the cashback amounts,

+1, I do this, use the comparison sites and then check quidco and work out which will be the cheapest

Aviva were just on the Tv try them

Depends on the car, how old you are and where you live. Direct Line can be very cheap and they don't pay anyone commission so not on the price comparison sites.

Original Poster

i will be paying monthly for it so would i still be able to use quidco on it?

moneysupermarket has given me the cheapest quote for the last few years (swiftcover).

Yes, you should because the quidco is paid for actually taking out the policy.
I just renewed our House insurance and have £75 c/back pending via quidco and i always pay my premiums monthly.

Original Poster

Eve C;6304522

Yes, you should because the quidco is paid for actually taking out the … Yes, you should because the quidco is paid for actually taking out the policy. I just renewed our House insurance and have £75 c/back pending via quidco and i always pay my premiums monthly.

cool i have a quidco acc but never paid the yearly memebership,should i just pay that fee then look on quidco and follow a link from there for car insurance??

Dont forget Directline,i found them much cheaper for me.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6304572

Dont forget Directline,i found them much cheaper for me.

just tried them,they wanted alot more

i wouldnt use them,
found direct line £15-£20 a month cheaper then the cheapest on moneysupermarket, but probs depends on the car

DIrect line were terrible for me last year.

Went for Swift Cover in the end. £200 premium fully comp with £90 Quidco I think. Bargain!

Try 1stcentralinsurance.com I found them cheapest but probably it depends what car you've got

strobez1977;6304556

cool i have a quidco acc but never paid the yearly memebership,should i … cool i have a quidco acc but never paid the yearly memebership,should i just pay that fee then look on quidco and follow a link from there for car insurance??

Topcashback are also worth checking, no yearly fee and can sometimes offer better £ back.

The trick is to let the "compare "sites do the leg work then check which one gives the best overall deal. Not everyone of them is listed.
Clear cookies then use cash back sites.

Also check yourkey.info/acc…ort for free for life legal cover saves you another £25 a year.

Moneyexpert.com offer £35 cashback on there searches got Swiftcover same as moneysupermaket price. Am waiting cashback ATM

In answer to your question, no one site or one insurer is cheapest. It all depends on who you are and what car you drive

Check out MoneySupermarket first as they check the most number of car insurance providers then use [url]www.GoCompare.com[/url] , [url]www.Confused.com[/url] and [url]www.Comparethemarket.com[/url] too. Direct Line and Aviva aren't included in those so worth checking them out also.
see here:

moneysavingexpert.com/ins…nce
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions