Is my dishwasher fixed hinge or floating hinge

Posted 10th Feb 2019
I have an electrolux ESL 63010 and i cant find anything out about it in regards to door fixing.

If i go on the AO site for buying advice on a new one it says a fixed hinge is "the furniture door is attached directly to the appliance door hinges and brackets". Mine is just attached to the dishwasher door with 6 screws, and not to any hinges or brackets and i can't find any info on what exactly a "floating" hinge is. But i can't see anything floating so can't be that. So nothing makes sense to me.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
What is it you are trying to do?
Make sure i replace like for like so when i get the new dishwasher installed they dont leave the cupboard door off.

Companies like AO say "This model has a fixed hinge. This means that, unlike a sliding hinge, the furniture door is attached directly to the appliance door hinges and brackets, and will move as one when you open it. Please check that your old appliance had a fixed hinge, or this model won’t fit."

But all this talk of hinges and brackets is confusing me as to whether my door is fixed hinge or floating hinge.
deleted1080215
Send them a photo. They will check it and advise accordingly. They are very good (AO).
Edited by: "deleted1080215" 10th Feb 2019
can u open your door or does it float
kevlfc9 h, 22 m ago

can u open your door or does it float

I don't understand the question. Don't all doors open downwards ?
Please can I jump in on this? Trying to fit an integrated Sharp dishwasher in new kitchen. Putting on fixed door does not work as the dishwasher door will not open completely. The door is 780 mm. Think we need a sliding hinge? Tough to find these anywhere. Any advice please?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants