Is my ralph lauren jumper fake?

24 replies
Found 10th Jan 2015
Hi, all, unfortunately I recently bought a "deal" from mighty deals without looking them up first. First off I was promised it would be delivered for christmas but it just arrived today. Anyway it just seems to me not quite right and maybe someone who knows what they're looking at would be able to tell. Pics in third post...

The website mighty deals sent me to was brandsvillage.co.uk

Also it didn't even come with any tags!

24 Comments

Pauladin91

Pics in first post...

No they're not.

/\ hahaha!

Original Poster

http://i61.tinypic.com/3008p39.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zdu9oz.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/spaeew.jpg

Original Poster

ceres

No they're not.

Says third post?

brandsvillage.co.uk get a lot of negative reviews. They are howerver on Quidco, which it owned by the same person as this site.

The label is their new style logo, everything looks normal from the pictures. Check the tag on the bottom of the item, does it have a thin strip of material attached to the washing instructions with a PO number?

Not sure, I purchase stuff from the official USA RL store (as I travel to the US a lot) and the UK/EU RL store and quite a few of the products on the USA store are pretty crappy!

Some of the items are made in China and others in Sri Lanka from the entry level end "Polo" label. Some of the items they have on sale are 60% off and you get "sweaters" similar to that one for about $20 so it could well be genuine, just not quite what you hoped.

Original Poster

rikkif1990

The label is their new style logo, everything looks normal from the … The label is their new style logo, everything looks normal from the pictures. Check the tag on the bottom of the item, does it have a thin strip of material attached to the washing instructions with a PO number?

It has this yeah, the quality just doesn't seem that great for what is supposed to be a £100 jumper. I've seen them down at house of fraser when I bought a polo and they looked much better.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hqvtdv.jpg

Pauladin91

Pics in first post...

Pauladin91

Says third post?

You can post hoc edit your own post but not re-quotes.
Edited by: "ceres" 10th Jan 2015

I'm sure this is the genuine article. It's just that most Designer labels are over priced for the quality, or lack of, that you get. If you don't think it's worth what you paid for it, you should return it even if you have to pay the postage.

If you cannot tell if it is fake or not, does it really matter?

You are being ripped off, even if it is genuine.

ralphlauren.co.uk/fam…jsp?categoryId=6299591&size=99&cp=4320611.4906311.6299591&ab=ln_holding_men'shighlights_jumpersunder%A3100

How much did you pay for it?

Seems fake! looking at workmanship at the back of the emb. logo. If you have official invoice saying RL jumper just challenge this with the seller also involve local trading stds office if needed.

Original Poster

£45. The one I have looks no where near as good as the one's on ralph laurens website haha. Or even anywhere close to the picture of the jumper on brandsvillage website. For starters the horse was supposed to be yellow, not red. Can't be arsed with the hassle of returning it if it's probably legit. You live and learn!

Thing is these designer brands have many different levels of clothing. If it was £20 I would of said that's life, but for £45 if you're not happy with it for whatever reason return it.

Pauladin91

No i mean a smaller part attached to this label, a thin strip saying … No i mean a smaller part attached to this label, a thin strip saying something like PO#384847383It has this yeah, the quality just doesn't seem that great for what is supposed to be a £100 jumper. I've seen them down at house of fraser when I bought a polo and they looked much better.

Original Poster

rikkif1990

No that's all it has.

As somebody else said POLO products made for the US market are shoddy quality, i remember when Levi jeans on Oxford St were £47 and you could buy them in the US in Walmart for $20, the UK jeans were a much better product.

People from the UK used to go to the US shopping for cheap jeans and US shoppers who wanted good quality Levi jeans came here

Pauladin91

£45. The one I have looks no where near as good as the one's on ralph … £45. The one I have looks no where near as good as the one's on ralph laurens website haha. Or even anywhere close to the picture of the jumper on brandsvillage website. For starters the horse was supposed to be yellow, not red. Can't be arsed with the hassle of returning it if it's probably legit. You live and learn!

Seems like you have it all figured out..kind of defeats the object here by posting this q

Original Poster

adi0604

Seems like you have it all figured out..kind of defeats the object here … Seems like you have it all figured out..kind of defeats the object here by posting this q

Well no because if it was obviously fake then I wouldn't keep it would I? The whole point of this was asking opinions from people who regularly buy this and know what they're looking at.

Edited by: "Pauladin91" 11th Jan 2015

Looks fake to me

Pauladin91

Well no because if it was obviously fake then I wouldn't keep it would I? … Well no because if it was obviously fake then I wouldn't keep it would I? The whole point of this was asking opinions from people who regularly buy this and know what they're looking at.

I wasn't sure from your last comment as on one side you seem convinced that this is fake, most members incl. myself (buys polo/tommy regularly) said it seems fake as far as we can tell from this medium (without actually feeling it). You mentioned..can't bother returning it etc. Anyways there will be always an element of uncertainly with these kind on confirmation/help on fake you are seeking until you actual return it as you are the only who has actual product in question. Decision will be always your. Hope this helps.

I don't think it looks fake, the only concern I would have is that it doesn't have the long strip label near the washing instructions with the PO number. I have checked my stuff and it all has one of these, except for one polo shirt which I think may be a fake. The ones that have the label in are all from the Ralph Lauren outlet store. I wouldn't base your opinion based on the material because I've seen similar jumpers in the stores and that label is definitely their new label. The stitching looks of a good standard too and the colours are all correct on the labels, and so is the way the writing is situated.
Edited by: "rikkif1990" 15th Jan 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    2. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?43
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88
    4. Driving anxiety.1517

See more discussions