Is my sony bravia KDL-40v5500 tv internet ready ?

Found 7th Sep 2014
I find network setting and when I try to connect it says connection successful but it doesn't go anywhere from there ! So wondering if it is not internet supportive ! Any idea guys ? Thanx in advance
Community Updates
It's just DLNA compatible, Not internet as such.

The 40V5500's online approach – dubbed Applicast by Sony – is a 'ri … The 40V5500's online approach – dubbed Applicast by Sony – is a 'ring-fenced' one. In other words, rather than providing users unfettered access to the internet, with all the attendant interface problems that could cause, the set connects to a specially created portal to obtain content specifically formatted to suit a TV screen, rather than a PC operating system.The resulting experience feels impressively like an advanced form of interactive teletext, and so shouldn't intimidate even the most technophobic TV or web users.On the downside, the 40V5500's tailored online facilities are far more limited than a full internet browser. The widgets currently available are restricted to the ability to read RSS newsfeeds; a small selection of screen saver photographs; a calculator and a world clock.The service looks impoverished against the YouTube, Flickr and Yahoo services found on Samsung's range of web-enabled TVs.

might have been slightly update since then though.
Original Poster
Thanx guys for update but can I watch YouTube via DLNA?
Dlna is used to stream music and video, but I think just must and video files, so not YouTube. I used it on my LG tv to stream video from my laptop, serviio is a good program for that.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants