Groups

is now tv stopping showing the discovery channel?

While watching a programme on the discovery channel a message came across the screen saying that the discovery channel will not be available to view on now TV but didn't say when it was stopping, did anyone else see this message or know anymore?

10 Comments

I didn't get it and we have had the discovery channel on. Will be keeping an eye out now though

Original Poster

It came on while either watching fast and loud or tanked

hi. we just had this message as well. sky/ now TV won't be showing discovery channels or Eurosport either

holey78

Not seen any message but saw this … Not seen any message but saw this article.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/25/discovery-goes-war-sky-channel-fees-blackout-threat/

Discovery, the US media giant behind the TLC and Eurosport channels, has issued an extraordinary public threat to withdraw all its programming from Sky over claims it "refuses to pay a fair price".

If this means I don't have to hear that show where salespeople try to persuade annoying ladies and their dysfunctional families that they suddenly look like supermodels when they put on a £10,000 dress anymore, I fully support this, uh, effort by Discovery to exercise their right to negotiate a fair deal. Of course.

Original Poster

holey78

Not seen any message but saw this … Not seen any message but saw this article.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/25/discovery-goes-war-sky-channel-fees-blackout-threat/

Interesting thank you

Muir

Discovery, the US media giant behind the TLC and Eurosport channels, has … Discovery, the US media giant behind the TLC and Eurosport channels, has issued an extraordinary public threat to withdraw all its programming from Sky over claims it "refuses to pay a fair price".If this means I don't have to hear that show where salespeople try to persuade annoying ladies and their dysfunctional families that they suddenly look like supermodels when they put on a £10,000 dress anymore, I fully support this, uh, effort by Discovery to exercise their right to negotiate a fair deal. Of course.

​Change channel, turn it off, leave the room...... Go do something less boring instead!

sky.com/hel…els?DCMP=snt-skycom:ec_channel_changes

peroxidase

​Change channel, turn it off, leave the room...... Go do something less b … ​Change channel, turn it off, leave the room...... Go do something less boring instead!

Trust me, it's not me that's watching it, but unfortunately I live in a small flat where you can hear whatever's on from everywhere. Bit extreme to have to go and sit in the park whenever the telly's on.

If a settlement isn't reached by this time next week it's goodbye to Tanked and Gold Rush. It's been twitter.com/Lun…520 asked on Twitter
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      3. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914

See more discussions