Is Nowtv broardband any good?

Posted 6th Nov
We have just moved into a new house & signed up to virgin bb tv phone but after 3 weeks of issues Ive managed to cancel.
We can only get standard bb in our area, no superfast etc...

Im just looking at Now tv they offer bb line rental & anytime calls for £18pm which seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Is anyone else with Now tv if so is it worth it?
Cheers in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
NowTVs ADSL product is fine but like any other provider's ADSL if you are a distance from the telephone exchange you may have poor speed incapable of streaming medium-to-high bitrate media, but for casual surfing & email it should be fine regardless of location. NowTV is a little coy about charges if you need a telephone line installing or re-activating. There's usually £50+ cashback from the usual players, TCB is £70 at time of this post topcashback.co.uk/now…nd/
AndyRoyd06/11/2019 15:44

NowTVs ADSL product is fine but like any other provider's ADSL if you are …NowTVs ADSL product is fine but like any other provider's ADSL if you are a distance from the telephone exchange you may have poor speed incapable of streaming medium-to-high bitrate media, but for casual surfing & email it should be fine regardless of location. NowTV is a little coy about charges if you need a telephone line installing or re-activating. There's usually £50+ cashback from the usual players, TCB is £70 at time of this post https://www.topcashback.co.uk/now-broadband/

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I haven't got a clue about it all tbh
alfie7306/11/2019 15:46

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I haven't got a clue about it all …Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I haven't got a clue about it all tbh

TBH with £90 cashback available on NTVBBs fibre products it may be worthwhile to consider the £7+ additional monthly cost compared to the slower-speed ADSL option. If the inclusive unlimited calls to UK ll&mobiles is important to you check it is definitely included in whatever option you are considering as that inclusive calls offer seems to come and go, and it is not obviously mentioned at NTVBBs current products page.
alfie7306/11/2019 15:49

This is the offer Ive looked at …This is the offer Ive looked at https://signup.nowtv.com/broadband/configurator/?o[]=SAVER_OFFER&p[]=FIBRE_UNCAPPED&p[]=ANYTIME_CALLS

I can see in that URL that you have selected the fibre product not ADSL so I assume that will be minimum £25/m not the ADSL £18/m. But the URL also states "ANYTIME_CALLS".
AndyRoyd06/11/2019 15:54

I can see in that URL that you have selected the fibre product not ADSL so …I can see in that URL that you have selected the fibre product not ADSL so I assume that will be minimum £25/m not the ADSL £18/m. But the URL also states "ANYTIME_CALLS".

Its does yes. Seemed a pretty good deal for £18pm. Thanks again
AndyRoyd06/11/2019 15:53

TBH with £90 cashback available on NTVBBs fibre products it may be …TBH with £90 cashback available on NTVBBs fibre products it may be worthwhile to consider the £7+ additional monthly cost compared to the slower-speed ADSL option. If the inclusive unlimited calls to UK ll&mobiles is important to you check it is definitely included in whatever option you are considering as that inclusive calls offer seems to come and go, and it is not obviously mentioned at NTVBBs current products page.

I got Now fibre deal with calls and £90 cashback and I find its very good... Better than Plusnet, which I had been with for years.
NowTV Broadband is effectively Sky - so it should be equivalent to what local sky users would get.
For the price it's been spot on for my parents, decent speeds, stable and cheap, the router isn't the best though so feel free to use an old one
Douglas_Birks06/11/2019 16:47

For the price it's been spot on for my parents, decent speeds, stable and …For the price it's been spot on for my parents, decent speeds, stable and cheap, the router isn't the best though so feel free to use an old one

I might make myself sound completely stupid here!!! Could I use an old sky one?
alfie7306/11/2019 17:11

I might make myself sound completely stupid here!!! Could I use an old …I might make myself sound completely stupid here!!! Could I use an old sky one?

My parents did without issue
alfie7306/11/2019 17:30

Oh, great thank you

I would though..... Try there new router they send you first as I think they have a new router now and if it isn't stable use the old one.
Can I ask what was the issue with Virgin?
I ordered it yesterday £20 a month fab fibre with £90 tcb tracking immediately. Due to go live on the 19th. Changing from Sky but after reading these comments it’s the same so I won’t notice any difference? X
parisp06/11/2019 18:02

I ordered it yesterday £20 a month fab fibre with £90 tcb tracking i …I ordered it yesterday £20 a month fab fibre with £90 tcb tracking immediately. Due to go live on the 19th. Changing from Sky but after reading these comments it’s the same so I won’t notice any difference? X

That's a good deal

I was with them and left in the summer. They couldn't offer a better deal and their fibre were not competive enough. No issues and services was faultless.
Switched over to Plus net
Toon_army06/11/2019 17:49

Can I ask what was the issue with Virgin?

They come to the house when we were not home. Took out plants, trampled all over the rest of the flower beds. Buried the duct shallow then half way down just wove the bare cable in & out the hedge. Rang them on the last day of cooling off period & said if it wasn't sorted I was cancelling. They then lied saying 2 engineers would come out the following day. 1 inside & the other to sort the mess outside (just one turned up)
Connected, paying for 100mb & half the time dont even reach double figures.
Rang them 5-6 times, eventually engineer turned up last night in the dark. Looked at the mess with outside cable/duct & said what a complete mess you will need to rebook when we have more time.
Customer service as been useless.
They rang today, 90 mins on the phone. The had me on hold while they listened back to calls Id made. Couldn't send engineer for another 3 week. Finally agreed to cancel with no penalty.
Sorry for the long winded reply
alfie7306/11/2019 18:58

They come to the house when we were not home. Took out plants, trampled …They come to the house when we were not home. Took out plants, trampled all over the rest of the flower beds. Buried the duct shallow then half way down just wove the bare cable in & out the hedge. Rang them on the last day of cooling off period & said if it wasn't sorted I was cancelling. They then lied saying 2 engineers would come out the following day. 1 inside & the other to sort the mess outside (just one turned up)Connected, paying for 100mb & half the time dont even reach double figures.Rang them 5-6 times, eventually engineer turned up last night in the dark. Looked at the mess with outside cable/duct & said what a complete mess you will need to rebook when we have more time.Customer service as been useless. They rang today, 90 mins on the phone. The had me on hold while they listened back to calls Id made. Couldn't send engineer for another 3 week. Finally agreed to cancel with no penalty. Sorry for the long winded reply

Don't mention it, I like reading a good little rant lol. I'd be annoyed as well!
Similar thing happened to me when I got Virgin fitted, they said 'yeah you've previously had it fitted, it'll be job done in an hour'... Guy came set it all up and no signal. Ended up being a snapped cable, so they had to get in touch with the local council to dig the pavement up and fit new wires, took 4 weeks in total but I didn't have to pay until I had service obviously.
Now 4 years on I'm still with them, they did pretty much double my bill after my loyality discount ran out 3 months ago, went from £37, 42 to £76! I told them I'm cancelling, they offered me slightly better deals but my mate who works for them got me a £28 a month deal, 100meg, tv and phone. I always get 100meg sometimes 108
It's a shame yours didn't work out as there net is fast as out.
My mates using NowTV broadband and said it does him, he just streams films and surfs the net
Edited by: "Toon_army" 6th Nov
alfie7306/11/2019 18:58

They come to the house when we were not home. Took out plants, trampled …They come to the house when we were not home. Took out plants, trampled all over the rest of the flower beds. Buried the duct shallow then half way down just wove the bare cable in & out the hedge. Rang them on the last day of cooling off period & said if it wasn't sorted I was cancelling. They then lied saying 2 engineers would come out the following day. 1 inside & the other to sort the mess outside (just one turned up)Connected, paying for 100mb & half the time dont even reach double figures.Rang them 5-6 times, eventually engineer turned up last night in the dark. Looked at the mess with outside cable/duct & said what a complete mess you will need to rebook when we have more time.Customer service as been useless. They rang today, 90 mins on the phone. The had me on hold while they listened back to calls Id made. Couldn't send engineer for another 3 week. Finally agreed to cancel with no penalty. Sorry for the long winded reply

That's quite obscene to have been treated like that mate. I don't blame you for ditching them.
Toon_army06/11/2019 19:05

Don't mention it, I like reading a good little rant lol. I'd be annoyed …Don't mention it, I like reading a good little rant lol. I'd be annoyed as well!Similar thing happened to me when I got Virgin fitted, they said 'yeah you've previously had it fitted, it'll be job done in an hour'... Guy came set it all up and no signal. Ended up being a snapped cable, so they had to get in touch with the local council to dig the pavement up and fit new wires, took 4 weeks in total but I didn't have to pay until I had service obviously. Now 4 years on I'm still with them, they did pretty much double my bill after my loyality discount ran out 3 months ago, went from £37, 42 to £76! I told them I'm cancelling, they offered me slightly better deals but my mate who works for them got me a £28 a month deal, 100meg, tv and phone. I always get 100meg sometimes 108It's a shame yours didn't work out as there net is fast as out.My mates using NowTV broadband and said it does him, he just streams films and surfs the net

lol sounds like you had a nightmare with them as well to start. Had the speed been ok we prob would have moaned a bit more about the garden but stuck with it. Ive just got fed up of talking to them tbh
alfie7306/11/2019 19:20

lol sounds like you had a nightmare with them as well to start. Had the …lol sounds like you had a nightmare with them as well to start. Had the speed been ok we prob would have moaned a bit more about the garden but stuck with it. Ive just got fed up of talking to them tbh

I done a video unboxing of the Super Hub 3 a couple of years ago and I'm sure it's been viewed 75,000+ times, imagine the amount of new customers I've got them and the cheeky buggers put my bill up good Job I've made about £100 off the video lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants