Is possible to return an unopened game to a different store?

Found 24th Nov 2017Edited by:"nja1"
Say I bought Mario Odyssey for the switch from Sainsburys/Tesco/Game/Argos/one of the high street stores for £50, and I found it cheaper from a retailer online, say £30 but it won't be delivered for a few days.

Would it be acceptable for me to play the game I bought from the high street now and send back the one I got for cheaper but to the high street so I can play now, but still get the discount?

EDIT: Removed morally acceptable from the title as I realised, I didn't really mind the moral side of things
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
I think that if you have to question your thoughts on this matter, you already know the answer.
Yes, it is perfectly fine. The products are exactly the same. You’re not committing fraud here.
Uilleam173 m ago

I bought a kids craft glue gun which only lasted about a month before …I bought a kids craft glue gun which only lasted about a month before breaking, I had no receipt or packaging so I bought a new one then returned the broken one with the shiny new packaging and receipt for a refund a few days later.It would have been too much of a hassle to try and prove where and when I bought it.I have also held on to the packaging and receipt - just in case.

I've done this also
Predikuesi18 m ago

I think that if you have to question your thoughts on this matter, you …I think that if you have to question your thoughts on this matter, you already know the answer.

i change my mind, morals are out the window. Is it okay to do so is now the question xD
Suppose you bought a sale item and decided to sell it on eBay.
If I bought the same item and it broke, but had no proof of purchase, then bought the one you were selling on eBay, and returned the broken one to you for a full refund, would you be happy?
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 24th Nov 2017
Predikuesi5 m ago

Suppose you bought a sale item and decided to sell it on eBay.If I bought …Suppose you bought a sale item and decided to sell it on eBay.If I bought the same item and it broke, but had no proof of purchase, then bought the one you were selling on eBay, and returned the broken one to you for a full refund, would you be happy?

if it was broken, of course not. however, if it was in the same condition it was bought (brand new in packaging, and working)?
nja12 m ago

if it was broken, of course not. however, if it was in the same condition …if it was broken, of course not. however, if it was in the same condition it was bought (brand new in packaging, and working)?

Morals aside I was actually referring to the previous comments about broken glue guns. I must have been typing while you were posting
There is no difference really. I don't see a big issue with this.

Game has no serial number or anything that makes it unique on the packaging.

You're not trying to give them a faulty product either.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants