Expired

Is Pure Gym any good? I'm thinking about joining it

Found 22nd Apr 2013
A new Pure Gym has just opened down the road from where I live and I was thinking about joining it as the membership is really cheap at £10.99 per month plus the initial £15 joining fee.

So my question's are : How good or bad is this gym? Does it get too busy at peak times? and are there plenty of free weights and tradmills/stationary bikes equipment to use? just bascially what are the pro's and con's of this gym.

I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks

16 Comments

Have you thought of having a look inside?

Original Poster

jonny619447

Have you thought of having a look inside?

I can't really get much of a look inside as the windows are covered in posters and signs, and I cant really go inside to take a look as a pin code is required for entry.

Banned

How we would know if it is busy at peak times?

We really know where ''down the road from where you live is''

X)

Original Poster

D_G

How we would know if it is busy at peak times?We really know where ''down … How we would know if it is busy at peak times?We really know where ''down the road from where you live is''X)

My bad, ignore that question, do you happen to have Pure Gym down your end is it alright?

DEALofaLifetime

I can't really get much of a look inside as the windows are covered in … I can't really get much of a look inside as the windows are covered in posters and signs, and I cant really go inside to take a look as a pin code is required for entry.

Surely they would show you round before asking you to sign up? oO

jonny619447

Surely they would show you round before asking you to sign up? oO

Sometimes people need the bleeding obvious pointed out to them OP is obviously one of those types.

Original Poster

harlzter

Sometimes people need the bleeding obvious pointed out to them OP is … Sometimes people need the bleeding obvious pointed out to them OP is obviously one of those types.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww51/daniel970315/hillnod.gif

Banned

Can I trial Pure Gym before joining?

Yes, you can purchase a one day or 3 day pass from our website. Due to the PIN entry system we don't offer a complimentary visit as we are unable to control this.

Get your one day pass here.
puregym.com/sho…ass

There will be codes waiving the joining fee online.

Original Poster

By any chance, does anyone have a discount code for Pure Gym in Sheffield?

Original Poster

The one day pass is £5.99, 3 day pass is £12.99 and a week pass is £24.99 wtf :-0 blimey I wanted to maybe only try it out for one day just to see, but that is a little dear, don't you think?

well its cheap when joining so worth it if its good

Banned

Its decent everything you could need except a pool and google for code thats what i did plus you can use a second pure gym elsewhere on same account

All Puregyms will be packed at peak times (5-8pm especially). Mondays and Tuesdays seem busier than other days for some reason, too. Downsides are groups of kids without a clue hogging equipment and breaking them. Also far too many treadmills and crosstrainers and nowhere near enough free weights or space to work out with those for my liking.

Check if there are gyms from Thegymgroup or Fitness4less in your area. These might be a little cheaper and are pretty much identical in concept and equipment. Puregym is now £18.99 per month outside London.

Original Poster

spraint

All Puregyms will be packed at peak times (5-8pm especially). Mondays and … All Puregyms will be packed at peak times (5-8pm especially). Mondays and Tuesdays seem busier than other days for some reason, too. Downsides are groups of kids without a clue hogging equipment and breaking them. Also far too many treadmills and crosstrainers and nowhere near enough free weights or space to work out with those for my liking.Check if there are gyms from Thegymgroup or Fitness4less in your area. These might be a little cheaper and are pretty much identical in concept and equipment. Puregym is now £18.99 per month outside London.

Just been to this gym (Sheffield north) and I have to say that it's well equipped and more bigger then it looks outside. Downstairs is mostly weight training equipment/machines with plenty of free weights, but not enough space or benches to train on. Upstairs is mainly cardio oriented with loads of treadmills, stationary bikes and cross trainers. The bad thing is the gym is so full of people you'd think that you just entered a night club, with 4 to 5 people waiting to use a machine , but hey what was I expecting it's cheap and people are taking advantage of this deal. All in all it seems like a good gym though, I will try to go in again in the morning before 10, here's hoping it's not so busy then.

Edited by: "Hiptobesquare" 24th Apr 2013

There's a local PureGym near me, you can go in for a look around, but you have to ring in on the intercom/ use the automated machine to get a member of staffs attention, usually they are more than wiling to show you around. The facilities are pretty good and they run lots of classes, and the PAYG is a definite advantage, however I did not join as my local PureGym does not have a swimming pool.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants