Expired

Is Royal Mail the safest/cheapest option for posting a package to Hong Kong?

Found 24th Sep 2014
Also, what value should I say the package is? (Sending a £200 mobile phone back for a refund).

15 Comments

No. I would use someone like DHL or UPS etc. A global logistic supplier.mOnce it leaves the UK, Royal Mail will wash their hands of it if it gets lost or failed to delivered. They just use normal national post systems. You have no real tracking. Not worth it in my opinion for a £200 phone

Original Poster

redcastle

No. I would use someone like DHL or UPS etc. A global logistic … No. I would use someone like DHL or UPS etc. A global logistic supplier.mOnce it leaves the UK, Royal Mail will wash their hands of it if it gets lost or failed to delivered. They just use normal national post systems. You have no real tracking. Not worth it in my opinion for a £200 phone

Thanks, what price am i looking at?

Royal Mail
International Tracked
More details
5 to 7 days delivery Up to £250 for loss or damage Delivery Confirmation £14.95

Banned

Definitely not as it will only be tracked until it leaves the uk and once it does Royal Mail will not take any responsibility if it is lost! I sent an item worth £300 and thought I would be covered, 8 months after putting my claim in i recived a response from Royal Mail saying it had been delivered, with no written proof, and that closed the matter for Royal Mail!
Edited by: "damo1972" 24th Sep 2014

Original Poster

emmabee123

Royal MailInternational TrackedMore details5 to 7 days delivery Up to … Royal MailInternational TrackedMore details5 to 7 days delivery Up to £250 for loss or damage Delivery Confirmation £14.95

Looks good.

Original Poster

redcastle

No. I would use someone like DHL or UPS etc. A global logistic … No. I would use someone like DHL or UPS etc. A global logistic supplier.mOnce it leaves the UK, Royal Mail will wash their hands of it if it gets lost or failed to delivered. They just use normal national post systems. You have no real tracking. Not worth it in my opinion for a £200 phone

DHL costs £51! Damn.

Banned

SAFEST ? lol...

I have sent to USA and Australia stranded post did get there eventually did take a few weeks but that was the cheapest way

Jonnyblock

Also, what value should I say the package is? (Sending a £200 mobile … Also, what value should I say the package is? (Sending a £200 mobile phone back for a refund).

I would recommend using a courier such as TNT, UPS, DHL or Parcel force all of which ship world wide. Search on here for a £10 free coupon code and that will take it off your final price if you book through Parcel2Go I believe.
Edited by: "abrack" 25th Sep 2014

Someone at work just sent a phone and bank card to Greece via Royal Mail, as previous poster said there was no tracking once it had left the UK... you can call Royal Mail but even they don't know where the parcels are! The bank card was lost and had to be cancelled, The phone parcel eventually made it's way back to the UK and the sender, but the 'tracking' still said it was in Germany ... not good at all!

I've sent items abroad with royal mail and they never get there

abrack

I would recommend using a courier such as TNT, UPS, DHL or Parcel force … I would recommend using a courier such as TNT, UPS, DHL or Parcel force all of which ship world wide. Search on here for a £10 free coupon code and that will take it off your final price if you book through Parcel2Go I believe.

Avoid Parcel2Go at all costs - They are just the comparison site but if it gets lost etc, the courier will NOT deal with you directly, you have to deal with Parcel2Go whom of which fail to tell you the truth.

Try Team Global I use them for all my overseas shipping.

I sent some important documents to America using Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed For. It promised tracking to the point of delivery and a signature.... I got neither.
The tracking ended a few hours after I posted it with the message "Your item has been passed to the overseas mail administration for onward delivery." After that, nothing.
I had to keep ringing the recipient in America to find out if it had arrived. Fortunately it did turn up about a week later but they told me they didn't have to sign for it, it had just arrived thrown in with all the normal mail. They told me I should have used UPS or Fedex.
A total rip-off. Don't send anything abroad with Royal Mail unless its of low value and you're not worried about losing it.

Delbert Grady

I sent some important documents to America using Royal Mail International … I sent some important documents to America using Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed For. It promised tracking to the point of delivery and a signature.... I got neither.The tracking ended a few hours after I posted it with the message "Your item has been passed to the overseas mail administration for onward delivery." After that, nothing.I had to keep ringing the recipient in America to find out if it had arrived. Fortunately it did turn up about a week later but they told me they didn't have to sign for it, it had just arrived thrown in with all the normal mail. They told me I should have used UPS or Fedex. A total rip-off. Don't send anything abroad with Royal Mail unless its of low value and you're not worried about losing it.

great advice thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text