Expired

Is Sky Go now free on Xbox 360?

Found 4th Jun 2014
Can anyone without an Xbox Live Gold membership please confirm whether Sky Go is now free on Xbox 360.

The new update got released today and should allow apps to be used with a Gold subscription.

Thanks
Community Updates
12 Comments
bumbaclart

Can anyone without an Xbox Live Gold membership please confirm whether … Can anyone without an Xbox Live Gold membership please confirm whether Sky Go is now free on Xbox 360.The new update got released today and should allow apps to be used without a Gold subscription.Thanks

Fixed.

---
We’re pleased to announce that the important changes to Xbox Live Gold are now live. At Xbox, we are deeply committed to delivering the best gaming and entertainment experience to you – our most loyal fans.

Now on Xbox One and Xbox 360, all Xbox Live Gold members can enjoy:

* Free games with Games with Gold
* Exclusive discounts on games in the Xbox Store with Deals with Gold
* Multiplayer gaming on the most advanced multiplayer network

In addition, entertainment apps* and experiences are now open to everyone, including:

* Entertainment apps (e.g. Internet Explorer, YouTube)
* Gaming apps (e.g. Twitch, Machinima)
* Sports apps (e.g. EuroSport, Red Bull TV, NBA)
* Music (e.g. Xbox Music, Deezer)

For more information, including how we’ve improved Xbox Live Gold, the latest line-up of apps available on your Xbox, or to cancel your Xbox Live Gold membership, read the FAQs at xbox.com/liv…faq. Learn more about Xbox Live Gold at www.xbox.com/live.
---
Dead Links !!
Original Poster
fanpages

Fixed.---We’re pleased to announce that the important changes to Xbox L … Fixed.---We’re pleased to announce that the important changes to Xbox Live Gold are now live. At Xbox, we are deeply committed to delivering the best gaming and entertainment experience to you – our most loyal fans.Now on Xbox One and Xbox 360, all Xbox Live Gold members can enjoy: * Free games with Games with Gold * Exclusive discounts on games in the Xbox Store with Deals with Gold * Multiplayer gaming on the most advanced multiplayer networkIn addition, entertainment apps* and experiences are now open to everyone, including: * Entertainment apps (e.g. Internet Explorer, YouTube) * Gaming apps (e.g. Twitch, Machinima) * Sports apps (e.g. EuroSport, Red Bull TV, NBA) * Music (e.g. Xbox Music, Deezer)For more information, including how we’ve improved Xbox Live Gold, the latest line-up of apps available on your Xbox, or to cancel your Xbox Live Gold membership, read the FAQs at http://www.xbox.com/livefaq. Learn more about Xbox Live Gold at http://www.xbox.com/live.---

Yes i have read the official press release. I am looking specifically if Sky Go is now free.
Original Poster
I am looking to see specifically if sky go is now free. I have read the press release but there is no mention of it
bumbaclart

I am looking to see specifically if sky go is now free. I have read the … I am looking to see specifically if sky go is now free. I have read the press release but there is no mention of it

Try it, if your account is gold make a free account and try it
Edited by: "curtis392" 4th Jun 2014
Original Poster
curtis392

Try it

I already have xbox gold on my accounts, i want to know if those without xbox live gold can access it

I already have xbox gold on my accounts, i want to know if those without … I already have xbox gold on my accounts, i want to know if those without xbox live gold can access it

Tried today, yes it works !! (I don't have xbox live gold)
What about the Sky app (Sky Player I think it's called?)
Cheers!
noface

What about the Sky app (Sky Player I think it's called?)Cheers!

I will rephrase..

Tried Sky Go on XBOX 360 today, yes it works !! (I don't have xbox live gold)
I'd like to know when M$ are going to refund me for the stuff they now give 'free'. I've only got a Gold sub for the video apps. Not happy......
Shengis

I'd like to know when M$ are going to refund me for the stuff they now … I'd like to know when M$ are going to refund me for the stuff they now give 'free'. I've only got a Gold sub for the video apps. Not happy......

Believe it or not, but they will

Q: Will I be able to cancel my Gold membership?A: Yes. With the Xbox One … Q: Will I be able to cancel my Gold membership?A: Yes. With the Xbox One and Xbox 360 updates now available, Xbox Live Gold members who have purchased a paid membership before 4 June 2014 and activated that membership before 30 June 2014, can cancel and receive a pro-rata refund of any unused remaining days between the date of cancellation and the date their paid Gold membership ends. Cancellation and pro-rata refund requests must be made by 31 August 2014 and require six to eight weeks for processing. Bonus or trial Gold memberships are not eligible for a refund. To request your pro-rata refund, please click http://support.xbox.com/contact-us.***

Just received a letter from Sky stating that we are now unable to use skygo on Xbox 360 to watch TV and will now need to pay £5 month for sky go extra in order to access
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions